well, its stripped and getting a 225

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
I got my 99 stripped down to the bottom end of the engine, forks,wheels and rearend. Im sending in my top end to Eric Gorr, for 225 kit, mo better porting, and maybe the head milled since I run 110 through it anyways. I want to build a trail beast out of it,I already run a gnarly woods pipe, boyeson rad valve, and air box mods with a twin air filter.RB might be seeing my carb in the near future.. Oh the suspension is going out to get set up for my big ass as well, (6-7 290) so im hoping to make this thing a fire breather in the tight Northern MN trails. So if you MN guys see a KDX with black fenders and IMS fuel tank, thats me. I want to thank you guys on here with the tech knowledge on our machines, it helped me out greatly :blah: :blah: ;) :cool:

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
Sounds sweet... drop 30lbs off that rump of yours and you might just find the same improvements. :p

click here: it cost you less in the long run
These weights are even on the high side IMO.

I hope you know I'm just playing, but I did notice my bike did not like going up the hill when I was wearing my back pack with about 30lbs in it.
I am jealous actually I would have to cut off a arm to lose 30lbs, and don't want to spend the money for the mods either. :ugg:
Lets us no how it turns out.

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
its all muscle, I lift 12 ounces at a time :) seriously I probably could lose 20 lbs but Im built like a defensive lineman so its not real easy to drop a ton of weight. (besides lifting in the gym 4 days a week wont do much to drop the weight either)

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
Us anorexic midgets have to poke fun at you mutant giants. :nener:
Who's doing the suspension, and what spring weight are you going with?
My bud is 6'5" 240... I (think) put .42. I never had them measured. XR650 (stock factory)
He loves it for his type of riding.
I think the XL 650 has .44 springs I wonder if they would work for you?
Can't find my spring calculator or I could see if they are close enough to work.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Geez----it's gonna be like riding a minibike!!! You need a KX500!! :laugh:

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
I am 6' 6" 250-260lbs depending on summer or winter. I have .43 kg springs in the fork and a 5.4 kg spring out back and that works well.

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
cweingartz said:
I am 6' 6" 250-260lbs depending on summer or winter. I have .43 kg springs in the fork and a 5.4 kg spring out back and that works well.
I thinking of going with the same set up myself :cool:

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
Powerlock25 said:
superman would fly a XR650 or a KX500
I think I would last longer standing in front of a speeding train than I would trying to fly one of these

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
Asrith said:
Dont they have a 240 kit?
Ive read that the 240 kit doest run real great and doesnt have any top end to the motor just bottom end torque

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
well, did the suspension today. I dropped in Race Tech .44 front springs and 500ml of bel ray 7wt oil in each fork (I cant believe the sludge that came out, holy crap!) and a 5.4 rear spring. I used the stock preload spacers, as the springs were 472 mm versus 470 stock, close enough for me. Im just waiting to get my cylinder back from Eric Gorr in a couple weeks, Im getting excited for summer!

Mark W

May 12, 2004
Elk River

I'm in Woodbury. Where you do most of your riding? Always looking for another rider and places to go. We've been to Nemadji a couple of times and plan to hit some of the southern MN trails this year. Son loves the tracks naturally.

Mark

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…