ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
Were are you located at? Those are the State and Federal Parks that are available. But there are several private riding areas around the state. MX Tracks and the such.

What type of riding do you do? What is your driving distance?

That might help give you some more ideas.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
There is Deepwater in Clinton, Missouri area and then our favorite place is Milford Lake in Junction City, Kansas.

Where are you from??? Also we have a KCrider's group if you are interested in joining as we plan rides almost every weekend.

The Good Guys are working on a new webpage which we will list several riding places in Missouri and Kansas.

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
last weekend, i was told that we should have dirtweek at finger lakes. is it really that good? i've never heard much about it. details?

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Its probably one of the most dangerous places to ride in Missouri. The motocross track isn't kept up unless there is a race a couple of days before. The trail tops can dead end either into 50' drop offs into the lake or run you off the blunt end of a cliff. If it rains, it takes forever to dry off. The only one thing nice is there is running water at the motocross track. The last time we rode there, the ambulance was on its 6th trip to take a rider to the hospital and that was on a Saturday.

If you were going to pick a place in Missouri for a Dirtweek, I would say Mark Twain National Forest in Chadwick (South of Springfield, MO). Thousand of acres of trails in wooded areas plus lots of fire roads to ride on. In a weekend, you will never get tired, in fact, it will take a full weekend to ride all the trails.

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
I totally agree with you there Rick. I am orginally from Fulton(about 15 miles away from Finger Lakes) and would rather drive the three hours to Chadwick or Flat River(St. Joe State Park) to ride.

When I go down to Fulton on the my off days and if I want to go riding other than on the farm I will go to Finger Lakes and only ride the MX track. I will not even touch the trails.

Like Rick said if you ever want to go riding at either Chadwick or Flat River. Shot us a email and we can work something out. As we have rides planned dang near every weekend.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There is an Enduro at Chadwick this weekend, 10-20,21.

slappy123456

Oct 2, 2001
thanks

Thanks for the help you are all right about finger lakes been there twice first time broke my footpeg in half second time fractured my t-12 in my back. That sucked my fault though try to surpass my ability on the track. Does anyone know how to get to chadwick from south county? What is deepwater in Clinton? a track or trail system. Im an average rider and I ride about once a week. Im just gettin burned out on st joe I know it way to well.

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
I am assuming that you are talking about "South County" as most people refer to the area south of St. Louis. To get to Chadwick from there you would take I-44 West till Springfield and then south on Hwy 65 to Ozark/Nixa Exit which is Hwy 14 til it turns into Hwy 125.

As for the Deepwater in Clinton it is a Riding Area that is primarly ATV place. As most of us bikers tends to shy away from there because of this. But it is ok for a day of riding to be different. It is south of KC on Hwy 13.

Have you tried Kahoka in Northeast Mo? It is supposed to be a great area to ride.

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Since you live in the Eastern 1/2 of Missouri, like me, you might like to try Land Between the Lakes or Turkey Bay OHV. There are about 100 miles of trails ranging from jeep trails to single track. I only started going there this year and so far it's a blast. I'm planning a trip there Nov 3.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Chadwick is a great place to ride. A good amount of trails, for all types of riders. I'm sure we're going down this Sunday. We go down there alot. Let me know if you'r ever going down, I'm not much of a guide, but know my way around fairly well:cool:

Yamadog

Oct 12, 2001
Slappy
I think Land between the Lakes is located on the Kentucky/Tennesee border at Kentucky lake an hour or so east of the Missouri boot heel. Probably not a bad drive if you live in Southeast Missouri.

U

Unregistered1

Where to ride

Anybody know of a place to ride near St Charles? Are there any pay areas around? Or with in 50 miles?
Thanks

rwild

Oct 25, 2004
We are riding st. joe on Sat

we are riding st. joe on Saturday if you want to go...By the way I live in Fenton not to far from you in South County

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
It's gonna be warmer on sunday...........So your going on saturday, I got a phone call last night telling me I was off the hook for working on saturday. I gotta think about it.

tmkna

Jul 5, 2001
Northern Missour riding places?

Does anyone know of any places in Northern Missouri close to Mark Twain lake. I basically spend every weekend up around there during the summer. I live in Washington MO and am looking places for my family and I to ride. I am aware of Finger Lakes, Potawatame sp? (in Fulton), and the mx track at Hawk Point, but that is about it. I haven't been to Chadwick or St. Joe, but I plan on making some trips that way as well.

Thanks for any information.

Travis

Top Bottom