Myke

Aug 23, 2002
anybody from nc? if so where do you ride

also, if anybody's up ga where do you ride?

i ride in cullawee nc, and toccoa ga

just curious to see if there's anybody around me

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've been to Shelby, Parker Valley, Polk County (now closed, I think), and Top Gun...all of those are in Western NC.

We normally ride at TNT near Chester but also hit Turkey Creek (Edgefield) and have been to the trails at Parson's Mt (Abbeville)...all in SC.

We sometimes hit Aonia and have been to Monroe, Bremen, and Calhoun...all in GA.

How far will you travel to ride and do you ride Saturdays or Sundays?

Myke

Aug 23, 2002
i can travel up to about and hour, hour and a half. reason being is i dont have my liscense at the moment, and got to bumb a ride off my mom

where in nc are you at?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oops, we're a good bit farther away. _SOLO_ lives about 60 miles from you, though.

Why are you looking for a 97 CR250? I have one (for sale)...one ride and you might change your sig to say:

*WAS* looking for 97 CR250, now looking for 97 Non-CR 250

:)

Myke

Aug 23, 2002
lol, are they that bad?

i was wanting one because i cant afford a new cr, and ive been told that the 97 was a good year?

and i want a cr, because honda's really the only bikes i know about, and can fix by myself. also, im good friends with the local honda shop owners.

so why are they so bad?
i appreciate it

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It rides like a brick...a strong, well-built brick, but still a brick. The only time my suspension feels good is when I drop it from 10 or more feet. The previous owner did have PC do the suspension, but I've heard the same about other 97 CR250s.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I've seen pictures of the Shelby supercross-type track, it looks sooooo fun. What did you think of it Gomer? It's a long drive for me (from Kernersville) but I might make it if I know it's worth it.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by crkid
I've seen pictures of the Shelby supercross-type track, it looks sooooo fun. What did you think of it Gomer?

Gomer has some fond memories of coming close to losing part of his favorite finger at that track :)

I think it is a fun track but the tightness of the track lends itself to block passing and block passing can lead to high emotions and stupid decision making.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Myke: I can't sell mine till I get the flat spot in the powerband figured out. 95 and 97 were also very good years for the CR250s.

CRKid: It's a really fun, safe track. Wel, the track is safe, some of the riders aren't. The guy that runs those races does about the best job of anyone that I've seen.

Have you been to East Bend? It's only about 30 miles from you? It's more open than Shelby, so there are more passing opportunities, but their lighting isn't as good as Shelby for the night races.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I've only been to East Bend twice, but both times it had rained so it was a bit difficult to ride. I could still clear some jumps, but it looks like it would be real nice if conditions were better.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom