smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
oh you know it, I want to order the blue with silver flames graphics but am seriously lacking in the cash department. I just started into my suspension linkage thinking that it probably hadn't been greased since it was new, well I was right. The bearings are dust and the swingarm bolt took some serious persuasion to get out. Time to inflict some more pain on my wallet :silly:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I don't know, it's sad really. My bike was definitely abused before I got it. There's the tranny problem that I'm coping with, absolutely no suspension linkage bearings left (ground down to nothingness), leaky fork seals (could get the seals from SMS but he didn't have the wipers in stock) and the busted up plastic I just replaced. The bike runs beautifully with the LTR jetting though, next upgrade will be the PV cover :)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I think the PV cover is my next mod too. maybe plastic and graphics after that.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
have you ever priced linkage bearings for these things????? geez, I'm feeling empty in more ways than one :silly:

grease those linkages often GasGas owners..

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
You may want to see if the linkage bearings are generic bearings, apparently the wheel bearings and crank bearings are so it's worth a try. You could save a lot of cash by matching them up at the local bearing supply store.

If not, you could try matching them with bearings from one of the big 4, then get the according kit from Pivot Works. Might also save you some money, if you have the time and patience to do some investigating.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
they're already on the way, Sam at SMS is usually good about telling me if I can get a better deal elsewhere (kind of strange for a parts guy to recommend something that they don't sell) the bearings just aren't that common I think, straight from GasGas is the best place to get them :ugg:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
All you need now is the 300 power, its the right color! ;)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
this bike has plenty of power for me, now that the LTR jetting is in it makes a quite a bit more than when I first got it. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to own a 300 though, maybe when I buy a new GasGas I'll consider that :D

slow2ride

Aug 3, 2001
Jeff, I also have a 97EC250 that I picked up while in Germany 2 years ago. It was only riden a few times by a novice rider who quickly tired from his initial dirtbike experience & garaged it. I practically stole it from him for $2,500.
editPhotos.fcgi

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
they sure are sweet bikes aren't they? Can't view your picture though, something's wrong with the link. Mine was beaten around quite a bit before I got it, it's turning out to be a rideable project bike I think. Can't really complain though, it's a good running bike ;)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
slow2ride, that's a sweet bike, you even have the original bubble gum looking graphics on it. Your plastic hasn't faded like mine did though, mine looked so pink it was nausiating :eek:

Thanks Senior, my bearings should be here tomorrow so it'll be time to get everything reassembled.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Jeff,
Very nice job, man!

Graphics are Wayyy overated, IMHO. :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Thanks Jaybird, I have never had a bike (other than my old CR that I only rode a few times) that has had graphics. The KDX didn't and the Can-Am is incapable of having graphics. Woods riding isn't easy on the anyway.

I got my linkage and everything back together, still waiting on a few parts but the suspension action is so much smoother it's incredible.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Jeff - Graphics help keep the plastic from getting scratched up and making the bike look beat. I just installed a set of GG shroud graphics from GraphicMX. They fit as good as my stock graphics and I like the pressure sensitive adhesive as it took several attempts to get everything positioned. It does help to take the shrouds off. They're supposed to have seat covers available soon too.

If you like running sans graphics, a friend of mine used to buy sheets of 16 mil clear vinyl adhesive. He'd spend a whole day affixing the sheets to every piece of plastic then trimming them off.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I do both, install Graphics with a 16 mil clear over the top. I even double up the clear where my CTi rubs. I carefully trim the edges and seal them with a heat gun. Bike stays looking great.

Top Bottom