what are good tires for sand pits and hard dirt?

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
anyone have a good tire choice for sand pits and hardpacked dirt? i live in maine and ride dunlop 737's in the rear. what do u guys usually have?

KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
I have had good luck with D752's on the rear as a cross over tire, though if the surface is hard and dry this tire gets a little slick. The life I have gotten out of these tires have also been pretty good. I tend to run sand tires because of loose hill climbs. There is always a trade off in performance on one surface or the other when you try to get a tire that does everything.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Try Michelin's S-12. They work better in the sand and mud than a 752, with a little taller knobs, and they cross over very well on the hard stuff. Plus, they wear like iron. Shane Watts uses them for everything, with an M-12 up front. I haven't used the M-12, but I've found that a Dunlop 756 front is tough to beat in the mud and sand, and works very well on harder stuff as well.

MoToMaNYz125

Apr 2, 2001
if you want a good sand tire you should get the bridgestone M70 rear with the M59 front perfect match up, also a good hard pack tire that works all around for soft-hard would be the dunlop D739, i had both and they work really well, i also had D752's they were also good and the K695 with the K490 is ok

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…