Jay22

Sep 3, 2014
I'm 13 and will be 14 in December I am 5'3 110 pounds. I am aggressive. I plan on doing mx and riding on back yard tracks with friends. I have experience on a crf 100. I want to race. Not mechanically inclined. I am open to 4stroke or 2 stroke. I have a Yamaha Kawasaki ktm and honda dealer in the area. I have 500$ and rest my parents will help out. I live in mn and I'm 13 3/4 old.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If you are not mechanically inclined your father better be if you are going to race or things will be too expensive.

You can race locally rather reasonably but not with a $500 budget unless your parents are throwing in another $2,000 to $2,500.

Costs kept me from riding a lot when I was younger and I stuck to trails. I never raced until I was in my late 20's. Never got fast at all but definitely had some of the best times in my life.

Get the bike and just go out and have fun. Keep it in good running order and ride with friends and race when the opportunity comes up.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pics or it didnt happen!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
You're 14, 5'3" tall and you bought an 85 cc bike?

Start looking for a replacement now, that bike is too small for you. It can be good to learn on, but when you start trying to go fast it may actually be dangerous for you.

The basic problem is that the bike was designed for a much smaller rider. Your center of gravity is too high, and with the short wheel base you are just asking for a short flight over the handlebars.

Weight is also an issue. I would be surprised if the bike's suspension can be adjusted properly for someone your size.

Rod

Top Bottom