what bike should my friend Get?

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
My friend doesnt have internet so i am posting this for him. He is 5'8'' and is looking for a trail bike. He doesnt want a kdx. I dont know why, i think it is because i have one. So please dont reccomend a kdx. He is going to finance a bike at a dealership and he wants to spend about $4000 or less. Obviously the bike isnt going to be new, but he wants something from 03 up. We ride tight trails, i dont think he cares 4 stroke or 2 stroke, but he is leaning to a 2 stroke. From what i know about him, is he isnt super mechanically inclined but i can help him. To me it doesnt seem like he does to much maintance on his current bike (xr200). Or at least as much as i do. He doesnt change his oil alot ( i know... not good) and he just likes to ride. So i think he needs a bike that is pretty tough. He is kinda agressive but hopefully he can race with me and my friends in our trails once he gets good. He isnt a big kid so the lighter the better.

He was thinking of a 2004 GasGas 125mx bike but, i wanted to see what you all thought about other bikes.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
How about one of the KTM 200s?

A switch from an XR 200 to a 125 MX bike is going to be quite a change - especially for trail use.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…