toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i have 2 quick questions:

1)i was just wondering how much of a drop a kdx can handle off a jump?

and

2)and how does a kdx's suspension compare to a mx bike?

thanks.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
the drop as in how high i can go before i will bottom the suspspension on a jump with just flat ground for a landing. and would i need new suspension for it to be mx like or just adjusting the screws? i dont know much about suspension but anything would be apreiated.
thanks.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
"would i need new suspension for it to be mx like or just adjusting the screws?"

You'll be needed some suspension work.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Even if the kdx HAD an 'mx like' suspension, your question couldn't be answered anyway. You might get responses like, 'I hit triples at 65mph and fly 70' in the air' or somesuch.

The answer to your question would depend on all sorts of stuff other than suspension...your weight, speed and such.

Something to ponder. A local track maniac runs .52s in his kx250 forks. An out-of-the-box kdx is...what.. .36 or so. Sure...a lot more to suspension than spring rate, but gives you an idea of SOME of the differences.

Oregon Trail

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 1999
To answer your question, your KDX is set up more for trails than MX, there is no magical number like a 10' jump. You can have the suspension re-done; new springs and valves, front and rear. A knowable suspension person can set it up for MX based on your riding ability and weight. If you are looking to ride it on a MX track and were wondering about bottoming it out, it depends on how fast you ride it, your weight and more. I figure it should handle most tracks OK, but you may not win a Supercross on it. :aj:

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
If your around my size (185lbs) and you like to jump, you will need new springs. I bottom out everytime I land a table top wrong. Now if you were an expert rider and you could land every jump at the perfect angle and spot, I'm sure you could make it work. Just take my advice, if you decide to keep your stock springs and ride on mx tracks, just be sure to hang on tight, cause if you don't, everytime you bottom out you will probably fall off or run into someone else near you.

Top Bottom