What carb is that?

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Going over the 1989 KDX200 for previous ownerisms and noticed that the carb is a round slide keihin with the idle and air screws on the right-hand side (hard to get to) Choke is on the left which is OK. The buy-kawasaki site shows a semi flatside with idle and air screws on the left with the choke.

Previous owner has screwed the idle screw into the slide to create a 0.5mm notch that means setting idle is near impossible. Any thoughts on filing the slide as a temporary fix?

The fun of purchasing a new second hand bike. Silicon sealant to replace the transmission output shaft seal, the transmission drain plug gasket missing and 8 different bolt types with 4 different head sizes just to hold the plastics on. Means I found the missing bolts from the governer side cover and clutch cover that were leaking. I guess the bike looked good.

Previous owner had heaps of empty bottles of good synthetic oil on his shed wall. I know why.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
It sounds like you have a KDX200SR.
The carb is a Kehin28mm PE unit.
KDX200SR 28mmPE KDX200R 35mm PWK.
Does the bike have a Plastic fuel tank or a Metal one?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Its sounds like Dazza has hit the nail right on the head here. Any chance its an SR?

David

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Could well be the SR. The bike is the ADR homologated model and has a plastic tank. Compliance plate just say's KDX200F
The intake manifold has a place for a connection of some kind on the right hand side with a bolt plugging it.
If you know, what are the other main technical differences?
Is there a major difference in performance? Is it worth chasing up some parts to convert it? Will it become a pig on road?
I do alot of commuting on the bike between weekend blasts.

Last edited:

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Ignore the questions. I was just too lazy to use the search function. I am now learning all about it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…