What class 4-stroke should I get for my size.

flyin3d

May 26, 2004
Hello,
I am new to motorcross and am interested in getting a bike to ride the trails with my friends.
I am leaning towards a 4-stroke bike and wasnt sure if I should be looking for a 250 size or 450 size.
I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240 lbs.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
Are you on a tight budget? What is your skill level and experience? Are you going to do all trail riding or some mx in there too? If you can give us some more info we can give you moer and better suggestions.

flyin3d

May 26, 2004
Sorry for the lack of info. I am a pure beginner. I think trail riding sounds the funnest to me. My friend says that the trails around where we live are somewhat technical etc. but he did mention straight-aways. He seems to think that I will feel more comfortable on the 450 because the head tube to seat distance is greater and that I will be able to move the bigger bike around without a problem. Again, I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240 pounds. Do you think he is leading me in the right direction?

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
If you were just going trail riding I'd recommend an XR400. They are rock solid trail bikes and large enough to pull you around and be comfortable on. You could go the racing bike route, but I think you'll find learning much easier on an XR400, they are very forgiving and won't give you any mechanical headaches. Plus they retain thier value.

Mxdude23

Apr 14, 2004
I would suggest the crf250 x but since your a little big i would wait out to see if maybe honda comes out with a 450x.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…