newb14

May 7, 2009
I'm a 13 year old 100 lb. and around 5'2".Right now i'm looking at a yamoto 125py. What do you know about the yamoto brand? Do you think it would be worth buying a yamoto? Thanks for any info

--newb14

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I would not recommend buying one of the off brand bikes. I have known a couple of people that have bought these for their kids and it wasn't long before the bikes were inoperative and sitting in the garage due to some silly part that broken and replacement parts unavailable.

Any bike that is right for you now probably won't be in a couple of years so you really want to consider resale value, and the cheap off brand bikes have none. A ten year old name brand bike, such as Yamaha, Honda or Kawasaki will still have a lot of life left in them and they will hold their value for the two years that you will probably fit the bike.

I think you would be better off with something like a Yamaha ttr-125. It has a low enough seat height that you should be able to touch the ground and it should be OK for you for a couple of years. You should be able to pick up a used one for around $1000, and if you take care of it you should be able to sell it a couple of years later for $900.

Keep in mind that you will need the riding gear as well: helmet , googles, boots and gloves as a minimum. Chest protector and knee pads are highly recommended. You will also need a way to transport the bike, which might just be a ramp to get it into the back of your parent's truck or a trailer if you don't have a truck.

Have you talked this idea over with your parents?

Rod

newb14

May 7, 2009
Yes, i have talked with my parents. The yamoto is only $350 so i thought it might be good for a beginner. The yamoto is similiar to yamaha so i probably would be able to replace parts with yamaha parts. Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom