What do you wear when you ride?

gonzodog

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2001
You don't have to buy all the M/C apparel . You can go to Dick's or some other sports shop and get nice soccer or rugby jerseys for a lot less than the "graphic'd to death" moto stuff. Same goes for socks - no need to buy "moto" - good soccer stuff works well. A tough pair of nylon rock climbing pants will do well to cover your legs without the graphics, but they're the same price as a good pair of M/C riding pants.

But, the helmet, goggles, chest protector, knee/elbow pads, etc are indispensable, even if they are gooney looking.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Do yourself a favor and look like a goob. I wear helmet, goggles, mx jersey, mx pants, Axo RC5 boots, gloves, answer chest protector, and a cheap hydration pack. I got the hydration pack at Meijer for 20 bucks. Pretty sweet deal for all the compartments and junk.

teddydog

Sep 18, 2002
There's no excuse NOT to protect yourself, no matter what you ride. On my mountain bike rides I use a full face bike helmet, knee/shin guards, and forearm/elbow pads, and moto-x gloves. When I ride the streetbike it's full leathers/boots/gloves/helmet, and off road, all the gear mentioned in previous posts. Who cares what other people think you look like? Would you rather ride home at the end of the day intact, or leave body parts in the woods?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by dead
Do yourself a favor and look like a goob. I wear helmet, goggles, mx jersey, mx pants, Axo RC5 boots, gloves, answer chest protector, and a cheap hydration pack. I got the hydration pack at Meijer for 20 bucks. Pretty sweet deal for all the compartments and junk.

This is Dead in all of his Hi Tech Gear!! :flame:

Attachments

• dead and his hi tech chest protector drn.jpg
    dead and his hi tech chest protector drn.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 101

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
Originally posted by MX175
Hey, if my wife was stupid enough to marry me, I'm not following any of her suggestions.

Never quite thought about it that way. It must just be a sixth sense of mine why I don't listen to my wife. If your wife says you look like a goob with all that stuff on, then tell her it looks really cool when you're on a gurney looking at the roof of an ambulance. GET IT ALL.

Top Bottom