GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Does anybody know what a power valve spacer does?

It just looks like it moves the valve cover farther away from the cylinder. I can't figure out how that helps anything?

Thanks

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
It changes the volume of the exhaust resonating chamber... but I don't know how much of a noticeable difference those spacers make. I haven't tryed one.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
anyone found one for rm's?
i dont know about the pv spacer, but i have a reed spacer, and it basically just gives more "anti-stall" and smooths out the mid hit very very slightly. But as far as being able to do slow speed wheelies better, i dont feel it.....

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you can't find one for your bike, I'm sure you could make one. But, I would see if it is worth the trouble first.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
If you add a reed spacer, won't it kink the airbox boot where it connects to the back of the carb?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Not unless it is a huge reed spacer.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I think it's pretty simple to make them with the right tools. There's a guy on Ebay who makes them for 1992 to 2001 CR250s. They are made out of billet aluminum and come in anadized colors, too! The only reason I don't buy one for my bike is because it doesn't clear with the stock pipe.

Top Bottom