gymrat86

Dec 20, 2005
Hey guys, People keep talking about jeting and I dont know what that is. What do you mean when you say that you jet your bike. Also how do you do it and what kind of performance results. Also, i weigh 145 and lowered my rear spring by softing it so I could touch the ground, how do I lower the front forks so that it will fit me. Im on my tippy toes right now and wish that I could lower it a little bit more. One more thing, Please give me your opinion on wheather or not to buy a FMF gnarly pipe for my KDX 200. Thanks for your time

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
It means adjusting/regulation or tuning your carburetor to deliver the optimum ratio of fuel to air in all throttle positions. The jets are the valves that you replace or adjust to "jet" your bike.
Try this link http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ then click "tech tips" and then "carb tuning" Dave pretty much explains it all.

Before I say this......I'll say this, misadjusting the rear and front springs WILL make your bike handle poorly. But as long as you are learning the basics it won't hurt, just don't try any double jumps or high speed sections with the suspension adjusted like this.Your can slide the forks up in the triple clamps by 10 to 15mm or so. Make sure that the forks still have the recommended travel so that they don't slam into the clamps. Also like I said this will make the bike turn quicker and may make it unstable at speed. I use my toes too, you really don't need to touch the ground flat footed. After you gain experience you can readjust your rear and front to give proper handling.

It sound to me that you don't need to modify the engine right now, concentrate on riding and having fun then as you get better and have digested the tons of info available and you adjust your suspension properly, you can decide what and how to modify your bike.

As a more permanent solution a different link can be installed on the rear to lower it about an inch I believe, the front can be modified by a good suspension shop as well.

Top Bottom