What KDX would you get??

Frontside720

Aug 12, 2004
Here's the deal.

I'm looking at picking up a KDX 220 and it has come down to 2 different bikes.

What bike should I get?

Bike 1

2004 KDX 220
-On it's 4th tank of gas
-Pro Circuit platinum full exhaust and factory sound silencer
-Electrex dual sport kit
-twin air filter
-modified coil for high output
-bike is also key enabled

OR

Bike 2

2004 KDX 220
Brand new from the dealership

The prices are the same.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I would guess #2 because buddy who spent all that money on #1 might have some nasty reason for selling it after "four tanks of gas".

Modded bikes sold in like new condition is a red flag... bet it was running lean or something and so now it is toast and buddy wants to get rid of it quick...

Also - when buying a new bike I like to send a fax to all the dealers within 200 miles and ask for the best price. If you tell them it is a simple price war, and you won't be around doing test drives and asking dumb questions then you will likely be able to get a cheaper price.
Some dealerships will not deal - screw them. I got $700 of the price of my 04 last April. You should be able to get a fair bit more off the price now...

JMHO,
Phil

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
Bike 2, because:

6 month warrenty
no wear on tires/chain
no chance of seller lying about condition of bike

Most of the mods to bike 1 are not useful to U.S riders as it is getting pretty difficult in most places to license a KDX and run it on the street. Apparently in Canada things are different.

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
FYI. Dealer invoice was 4813$ Can. for a 2003 model. Probably the same for a 2004. I bought mine for 5000$.

I'd go for bike no. 2 as well. 6 months warranty if you buy this option. Otherwise I beleive its 90 days. I know, I had to bring in my KDX220 for clutch repair under warrenty (the main bearings was defective).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…