What kind of bike?

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
1) Height ~ 5-8" Something Like That 140-150 Pounds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Need A Tough Durable Bike Pretty Aggressive as in riding
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mostly With friends woods fields maybe some track
4) Do you have any riding experience? Not Really
5) Do you think you will race ? No
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? No can learn though
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Probaly 4 stroke or w/e is best
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Honda N Yamaha
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 1k-1500
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 15 N 1/2 Right Now

I need a durable tough really all around bike

Model Make

N about what year for the money?

Need an idea about what kind of dirt bike I can get for 1k

Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
Late 90's 125cc 2-stroke. The late model YZ's are good machines. You may find a decent 2000-2002 125cc in the 1500 range. Depends on where you live.

All the makes are tough "durable" bikes when they are new. You just want to find something that has been well maintained. Do you know anyone that has a knowledge of MX bikes that can go with you to look for a bike?

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Mx? I know a bunch of people that ride them and know alot about them my friends they can come with me.

Going to research couple of months first though

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
What kind do you think would be the best? A 90cc or a 125cc

I would like to get a YZ or a honda because we have shops around here no other one? Or are the KX or RM better?

Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
125. You will out-grow a 80-85 pretty fast. when i say 125 I mean a 2-stroke. Not a TTR-125 or something like that. A KX, CR, YZ, or RM 125

LosT_PropheT

Jul 23, 2007
If you have a Honda and Yamaha dealer near you, I would aim to get a bike made from them. When you start to break small things, I will be a lot easier to get the parts you need. (Although bigger, more expensive parts are better bought online)

MoNSterB03

Oct 2, 2007
a 125cc would be good for you just remember mx bikes are a lot diff. than trail bikes. if you go with a 4 stroke you can put and learn how to ride. mx'ers dont really like to put but in the long run, you can ride them for a long time, and wont outgrow them like you might a smaller trail bike. Honda 230 would be perfect for your height, and the suspension would do you ok until you start hittin the track then you'd have to look for something else to ride. and if your pretty aggressive you might get bored with it kinda fast, and wanna start dumpin a lot of money in it. so i agree go with a 125.

loge88

Aug 8, 2007
yeah I would go with the 125 thats what I started on it was a little scary my first ride but after a few hours of riding u will get used to it. Its an awesome bike u will love it

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…