Whiteboy

Nov 22, 2002
Well i got a cr125r and i really got no clue on what oil to get and where i can get it.....and it is becoming winter and gettin cold up here sooo yaaaa just any info would be great thx all :-)

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
There is no 'best' oil because everyone has their own opinion. So just get whatever you really want to I guess. Don't get 10w-30 though, because it has friction reducers and will be bad for your clutch. Look on the back of the bottle and make sure it doesnt say 'Friction Reducer' or 'Energy Conserving', or something like that, because they will be bad for your clutch. I use Valvoline 10w-40 with good results.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
For Premix oil I would recommend Mobil 1 MX2T and it is available at Autozone at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I've heard of a few other good ones such as Honda HP2, Yamalube 2R, etc etc etc.
I would try to avoid Castor based oils such as Maxima Castor 927 as much as possible.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Whiteboy, I personally run Honda HP2 premix and Honda HP trans oil(80-85wt.) in my 02KTM300EXC with no problems. I run 40:1 premix in my bike, but since you have a 125, I would run 32:1 as your bike produces more heat than mine. Just my 2 cents worth.
Little Jeff

Top Bottom