What Pit Bike?!

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
:cool: OK, I want a bike to mess around on. Ride to the woods a few streets over, so it has to be quiet and fun to ride.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5'5 120 lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? 6/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods, fields with friends
4) Do you have any riding experience? one chinese pit bike and my KX so yes
5) Do you think you will race ? no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? ya but wanna get used
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 700
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion- just the stuff at the top of my post.

Thanks in advance.

cheesenuget

Sep 8, 2008
if you only want to spend 700 and get something to mess around with im guessing you dont want it to be easy to break, so that takes daymak out. Id say a loncin 125lx, i just got this and it was easy to find a new back rim and chain and carb for it. I have been racing it and riding it hard without any problems so far. i payed 300 for it without a carb, back tire, or chain. fixed all that for just over a 100. I would expect to pay 500 for one in perfect used condition 2 years old.

May 10, 2007
personally i would get quieter exhaust for your current bike and ride that in the woods. i do that in our woods behind the house and because of the nature of 2T sound and there being lots of trees nobody knows im back there. at least if they do they dont mind because i have mentioned it to my neighbors and they dont mind.

so an FMF q or even something like the turbine core would quiet it down i would think.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
cheesenuget i hate non name brand stuff but thanks.
fuzzball i've thought of that but i want like a pitbike

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
what part of north texas?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…