kdx_kid

Jul 28, 2004
hey yall! i have a 1998 kdx 220 and im 14years old so i dont have alot of money to spend on my bike. right now i have 80.00 dolars and i was going to spend it on a maier mx rear fender a new front fender and a new side panel becuse mine is scratched up badly. but my friend told me about this trail tech electronic speedometer that is also 80.00 and i dont know what to buy. what would be a better investment?

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Early on, I spent a fortune on cosmetic stuff and it's all gone now. If you don't need tires, chain/sprocket, brakes etc., do like Wibby said and save up for a pipe or something that will make your bike faster. You could always buy some cleaners and lubes also.

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
I agree. If you spend all your money on plastics and have a couple of wrecks (which you will, especially if your a new rider), your new plastics are going to look just like your old ones. If you want your plastics to look better, I've heard of some people taking some really fine wet/dry sandpaper to their plastics to clean them up a bit. I haven't done this myself, so I can't tell you how much it would do, but it might be an option. There's really nothing like an aftermarket pipe to liven your bike up, but a new one will run you $170+. I'd start saving :) Then again, maybe your bike already has a pipe? I don't think you mentioned anything, but if it's a '98 maybe the previous owner put one on. As far as the speedometer goes, I wouldn't buy something like that unless you really want it. It doesn't seem to me like a speedometer would come in all that handy on a dirt bike. Just my 2 cents.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
What about a front sprocket?
Got stock gears?
Want better trail performance and off the line grunt.
Switch to a 12 tooth front for $12

Phil

kdx_kid

Jul 28, 2004
thanks for all the advice guy! i just fogot to tell you that when i bought my bike a year ago it had al the aftermarket engine stuff on it a rev pipe, cab mods , new top end with high compression head, turbine core II spark arestor and the sspension had been sent off to PDS to be fine tuned. the only thing that i eleive i could do to my bike now is a POWER NOW for the carb but i dont really need it! the only thing that the previous owner didnt do was the plastics and graphics. today i got my fmf graphics but i put them on kinda wrong so there are a couple of bubbles in them but overall they look great! :yeehaw:

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
I have a trail tech computer,new plastics,graphics,etc on my hybird. Oh,,,it looks prudy.
But at the end of the day I'm think'n about how well the bike ran........... cause all I saw was trail.

I also have a pipe,RB carb mod,silencer etc. Here's where the real fun lies.

Spend it on go-go goodies.

Buc

Last edited:
Top Bottom