What size is the nut that holds the kickstarter on, and does it need a washer?

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Hello everyone,
My kick starter vibrated off on the weekend. I did find the kickstart lever, but not the nut. Anyone know what size nut it is?

Also, were there any washers or anything like that on there too? Or just stick the kickstart lever back on, and locktite on the new nut?

Thanks,
Phil
2004 KDX220

skierjet

Dec 23, 2003
What a coincidence - I lost my Hex nut on Sat., but the kickstarter stayed on. Check the parts diagram on www.buykawasaki.com . I don't believe there is a washer, but the diagram shows the threads to be labled "fine". Not sure what size though. When you find out, let me know.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I lost the hex nut once too. I did find a match at the hardware store. No problems after using locktite on the threads.

May 25, 2004
Lost your nuts

I just rplaced mine and it was a metric #12, the trick is though that it was a japanese metric (not european, nor american). The thread desigation was 1.25, I got mine at a small engine repair shop. Hope that helps.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Lost my nut & kicker. Found the kicker, got nut at local hardware store for about .25, put loc-tite on, no more losing nuts.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
rickety_pickle said:
I just rplaced mine and it was a metric #12, the trick is though that it was a japanese metric (not european, nor american). The thread desigation was 1.25, I got mine at a small engine repair shop. Hope that helps.

Thanks man! I found the 12mm part on buykawi too, but I needed the pitch. Going to get one today.

Phil

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom