What to look for when checking electrics?

motox282

Nov 3, 2002
I have an 03 yz125 and been having problems getting it to start. I just had the carbs cleaned last week and it seemed to be running fine. Now this week the bike wont start again. Im kind of guessing that there has to be something wrong with the electrics on the bike.
How should I go about checking this and what could be other things I can check to get my bike running.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I would say at minimum you should first clean and verify ALL connections. Especially the kill switch and coil mount. Dont neglect the spark plug cap!!!!

Unplug and clean every connector on the bike. Re-grease with the electrical grease radio shack sells. Dielectric, if I remember correctly.

From there you will need a multi meter and a manual listing the resistance values.

We work on a lot of electronic pieces at my job. About 80% of the problems are fixed by simpling removing the computer board and re-installing the same one. Obviously, bad connections can be a real problem.....

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
are you getting spark to your plug? if its a blue spark, i wouldnt think anything is wrong with ignition, but check your kill switch for wires shorting against bars. You havent tried to spray wd40 or anything around your stator have you?
my bike floods alot of i leave the peacock on at nite. try turning off your gas just before you pull into the pit/garage to clear out the carb of fuel.
maybe your reeds are chipped.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom