What transmission oil do you use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr85Expert52

May 25, 2003
I am currently using gear saver 80w in my 03 cr 85 expert.... but it's just getting to expensive .....almost 8 dollars a quart. My manual says the recommended viscosity for my bike is 10W-40. I was wondering if I can just go to the auto store and get a box of oil (10W-40) then this would last a long time. Do any of you do that, and which brand of oil do you use. Is Castrol any good??????

Also I was starting my bike outside and I went to rev it and I revved it pretty hard and it was loud....I didn't give it full throttle at all.....have any of you every revved your bike full throttle in neutral....I am just paranoid and don't want to hurt my new bike in any way!!!!!!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
it will be safe to run motor oil although you shouldn't use a friction modified oil<look for an EC ina circle on the backof the bottle> some people use ATF some use motor oil and others use motorcycle intended oils. Any should be fine to run but some bikes like different oils that others. Look and feel for clutch drag, chatter or slippage and notchy shifting when you try them out. I am a firm believer that you are better off using an inexpensive oil and changing it often to save money than to buy an expensive oil and not to change it often.

Cr85Expert52

May 25, 2003
I already know not to buy an oil with the label energy conserving....but my manual says to run 10W-40.... would it be ok to use Mobil 1 15W-50 SJ rated RED cap super syn. oil??? This is for a cr85 expert transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom