kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Hey all, I just bought a KDX220 and was wonder what's the best two stroke oil? I have always had four strokes so this is a little new to me. Mine has been bored, and ported, then re-coated by Fredette Racing. I also hear it's had the carb mod done also. All of this is second hand told to me by the previous owner so I'm not real sure either. It is very fat though to whatever was done, it works. So what oil are you guys using??

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
You will open up a can of worms asking a question like this...

The search function will yield tons of info...

Personally, I'm using Mobil MX2T at 50:1 right now. It smokes a lot less than Bel-Ray H1R or Maxima K-2, at the same ratios, IMHO.

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
"You will open up a can of worms asking a question like this..."

Whoops, sorry, I should know better than that. I'll do a little searching also. :yikes:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
kdxiowa said:
"You will open up a can of worms asking a question like this..."

Whoops, sorry, I should know better than that. I'll do a little searching also. :yikes:

Gotta love those cans of worms. Seems, when it comes to brand names, etc., people are somewhat passionate about what they use for whatever reason. emcdan said it best, just stick with a "good" brand (i.e. the local discount store outboard two-stroke boat motor oil is NOT what you want).

Whereabouts in Iowa are you located?

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I like 3-in-1 myself... It is readily available at any hardware store. Not cheap though! :laugh:

Really.... Mobile 1 MX2 works very well and have never heard anyone ever having any problems with it. Burns clean...less spooge. You can get it at Auto-Zone...so readily available here in the midwest.

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Thanks guys, I have done a little more searching and decided on Mobil One. Looks like the 40:1 ratio seems to be the most popular so I will try that this weekend. :ride:

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
My vote, Golden Spectro!!! Been using it since 1980 and no plans on changing. I run 40:1 in my bikes, weedwacker, leafblower, chainsaw and snowthrower and never had a oil related problem. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :ride:

Top Bottom