jwren00

Oct 30, 2004
Hey guys what's up, new member here. My carburator vent tubing is getting all old and hard and i want to replace it. I have a 2000 yz125, do you know what size/type of tubing i need to get? I can't find it anywhere in my manual for some reason. Also, what kind of tubing do i use for all of the coolant, you know all that black rubbery type tubing.

I've found a ton of tubing on McMaster-Carr, but I have no clue what size or kind i actually need. If you could, go to the online catalog page 81on McMaster and see if you can help me out. Is there a better place for me to buy this tubing? I'd imagine it would be super expensive if I went to my yamaha dealer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

John

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
MX Bonz makes a complete kit for the carb tubing. You can get it online and most or all dealers. Comes in several colors. Cost around $15.00

B

biglou

Most shops should have rolls of tubing laying around, too. There us sometimes one line that is smaller than the others, the drain I think. Be sure to measure the total length of what is on the bike now, also. The total is usually more than you would think!

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
The yamaha stuff is surprisingly cheap.

I myself prefer Tygon line to use wherever possibly. It NEVER gets hardened, or cracks, and is see-through. Small engine shops usually have a variety of sizes. Use a caliper to measure the size of the nipple and buy line accordingly. The only problem is that it comes ONLY in yellow, but I would rather have yellow quality lines than black or blue(the blue stuff suuuucks-will gte hard in about three rides) line that doesn't last.

jwren00

Oct 30, 2004
Thanks for the help. I just want to buy a 50 foot roll or something so I have plenty. I'll stop by the dealer today and see what they have to offer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom