Jun 12, 2005
http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1...LXZJCqdEzDQjcXA/00.jpg?MdToken=86617011751758

Just painted it black. How you guys like it? Do you think i should paint the number plates and shock guards black aswell? Cuz when the white kinda matches the white frame. I just gotta get some new shock covers or w/e there called and im getting a new fmf fatty expansion chamber. So do u think i should stick with the black and white or go for the all black?

stimps

Jun 25, 2003
What did you treat the tank with, did you use petseal inside or any special treatments. Normally the fumes from the fuel comes through the plastic tank and bubbles paint or stickers within a few weeks/months. This is why tank graphics have all those little holes in them. My bikes custom painted with tiger stripes but we could'nt paint the tank and the home made tank stickers keep lifting. would be interested if you've found a solution.

stimps

Jun 25, 2003
Sorry to hear that. I wondered if using petseal would form enough of a barrier to stop that happening. I'm going to probably have to get new tank stickers professionaly made to match mine.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
If you put normal stickers on your tank, slit them with a exacto knife. They still bubble but the air escapes and it eventually goes away.

Jun 12, 2005
Yah i thought of that. So just buy some stickers, cut them out to fit nicely, Spray over them and wait for the bubbles to go away. Oh but the weird thing is. I got the bike painted black and he did it himself and there wasnt any bubbles on it but when i re did it myself bubbles appeared!

The_STiLe

May 9, 2005
i had a spare tank for one of my bikes which sat in the shed for months (with no fuel in it), when i got around to putting stickers on it and putting it on the bikes it lasted for six months before i saw a bubble.

CRtwofity99

Jul 6, 2005
bike looks great.. my bike is mostly black.. shock guards are white rest of the bike is black.. i polished the frame and shined everything else up nice.. keep up the good work canadian

mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
Coool...

Great job! I have a '91 CR250 and would like to paint it... how did you do it? Did you also paint the frame? Mine runs real good and I would like to keep it even after I get a newer one so I'm real intersted in making it look good.

Top Bottom