What's Obama's position on two strokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
As you can see I don't live in the U.S. but being that USA's market is the biggest motorcyle market I have this question: What will happen to motorcycles especifically two stroke engines now that President Obama has won the elections? Thanks for reading and I appreciate your comments.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
probably the same as his position on dirt bikes in general, which is more than likely unfavorable.

but hey, everyone likes us better now that he's been elected. so whatever.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not aware of any specific position, but he subscribes to the notion of man-made global warming. Heard on the radio that environmental activist Robert Kennedy Jr. was expected to be put in charge of the EPA.

I'm sure killing off new two strokes is low on the priority list, since they are already dieing off. Nobody is going to take away your old 2 stroke.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
....two strokes is low on the priority list, since they are already dieing off.....

Not sure about that one, at least the europeans are still investing in two strokes. Husqvarna has a new 300cc, Gas Gas will still keep at them and possibly they'll put e starts on theirs. I guess you all know KTM is still making them add Yamaha and lastly TM.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
He is for common sense redistribution of 2 strokes. If you have more than two motorcycles, you will lose a two stroke.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But.. if you have a 4-stroke, you only have to give up 2 of the strokes. :coocoo:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I would be more worried about having access to land on which to ride a dirt bike......2 or 4 stroke.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I would be more worried about having access to land on which to ride a dirt bike......2 or 4 stroke.

Don't forget the bullcrap that CLinton did when he left office declaring all those millions of acres "wilderness areas"........ Obama will likely be right back at that stuff as soon as the economy issues start to look better. The next two years will be very interesting, hope they screw up enough to lose the majority in one of the houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom