What's the best way to sell a bike?

Patrick

Mar 6, 2002
Unfortunately, used KDX's may not be in demand. I've tried to sell my KDX via several local publications but with no luck. Am I asking too much? Is $2,600 too much for a super clean, fully modified '02 KDX 220 with 900 miles? Would it be a waste of time and money to try ****? Any suggestions on other avenues?

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004

Shoot me a PM with your number. My neighbor's looking for a KDX now, and he might be interested in yours. We're in GA, not too far from you.

Patrick

Mar 6, 2002
Racer X: I can't get the PM feature to work. Send me an email at patrick@jwgrand.com. I will send you some pictures and a complete list of all the mod's and extra parts. The extra parts (gaskets, etc) are worth at least $300 so the bike value is $2300. I believe the bike is worth $3,300 + but there is no way it will sell for that. I've tried.
You can call me at work today 225-767-3724 until 5pm (6pm your time). After hours, you can reach me at home 225-756-5168. I'm in Baton Rouge. If they want a modified KDX in top shape for a good price, this is the one. It needs absolutely nothing. All wearable items have been replaced within the last 100 miles and I just cleaned the valves. People wonder why KDX's rattle. It's because of carbon build up on the valves. I take good care of my bikes for obvious reasons, and it's fun. This is my 3rd KDX. in 12 years but it's the only one I bought brand new.

est142

Dec 30, 2003
I think what hinders higher priced kdx sales is the fact that you can get a brand new kdx for $3500-4000 depending on the dealer and his motivation to move a new bike. I think once you get over $2000 for a bike, people start to consider new equipment. You might want to keep the bike for another season and try it at $2200. Look for a local dirtbike club website, and place an add in their classified section. Try georgia offroad rider...that is close to you. Also try the classified in this website. In my area there is an all classified ads magazine, with an enormous circulation area. I have sold 3 powersport toys in 1 year...I do totally overall/repair/clean-up what I sell...I think that helps move it and make sure that it does not come right back with complaints etc. With no mods and no faults, I would list your bike at 2600/bo, but take 2300 as a bottom offer. I live in new england and stuff is more expensive up here(like $400,000.00 for a cape syle home????). You will have to price the bike at what the market will bear in your area. If I saw your bike when I was looking, I would have paid 2300 for it and felt that I got a fair deal.

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004

email sent, Patrick. The PM feature is only available to subscribers (I think).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…