Whats the real spring rate of the 03 RM 125

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Okay one magazine says the rear is a 4.9 and some race shops I call up either say 4.6 or 4.8. No one seems to know.

For the front one magazine says it's a .42 one race shop swears up and down that it;s a .40 so whats the deal.

Oh yeah I have a rear spring from a 2001 rm 125 all the shops I called said that was a 4.8. Hopfully on the money with this one

Now the kicker, one race shop says for my weight of 170-175lbs I should use the stock 4.9, another says I should use a 4.6 and lastly one says a 5.0.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
LOL welcome to the wacky suspension world-best bet is to take it to the local tuners and have it rated-they do very slightly even oem ones

A 4.6 sounds a bit soft to me.4.9 isnt a long way out.

Whats your sag numbers say?

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Bike sag is 25mm and with me sitting on the bike right around 100mm. Sounds pretty much right on the money. The manual say its a 4.9 so I'm more inclined to belive that. Just that I bought a second rear shock of a 2001 rm 125 so I can have a swing at revalving. It would be sweet if the spring rates where the same so that I can just swap them out at the track during testing without having to swap springs as well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…