mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Below is a example of what pops up #1 and #2 of search results for "fmf racing" . Look at the web site under the search results, has nothing to do with the search.
It does this with any simple search. My office computer does not do this it works as it should. I have up to date anti-virus. Nothing else is acting weird just search engines. Something is wrong but what? Could it be a virus thats just affecting my search engines?

©2008 FMF RACING. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
asknsearch.com -

FMF Racing (Motocross)FMF will be giving away $300 FMF Gift Certificates good towards any of our FMF exhaust ... FMF To Be At Every 2009 Supercross Round Offering Rider Support ...
www.search-deals.com -

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
eAccelleration, the makers of Stopsign, are a noted spyware vendor.

I'd recommend using something a little less like a virus itself as your scanner. Something like AVG. They even have a very good free version, so you aren't out anything. Plus, AVG is a very reputable company.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Yeah I have heard AVG is good. I think I will talk give stopsign a call tomorrow and give them a chance to see what they can do. Stopsign has done good things for me in the past. If they don't work it out I will give AVG a try.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I had a similar viral anit-virus program once. Till a real virus showed up. The bogus company will do what they can to keep leaching imformation from you! I have AVG now.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mideastrider said:
Yeah I have heard AVG is good. I think I will talk give stopsign a call tomorrow and give them a chance to see what they can do. Stopsign has done good things for me in the past. If they don't work it out I will give AVG a try.

It's not a question of whether the software they supply works or not, it's a question of what the company itself does.

They are not in the business of supplying antivirus software, they are e-scammers. They exist in produce software that steals information from their unsuspecting customers.

You'd be a fool to continue trusting these folks.

Do some research on them, from a computer that's not infected with their spyware, and you too will see the things that I was able to dig up in a relatively short time tonight.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I purchased AVG and installed late last night? Google on my tool bar is still doing the samething but now I have a AVG search on my tool bar and it works.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Being old school, reboot the os. Sometimes I can go in and manually take out the spyware, a LOT of time. The last time, it was win anti virus program, rebooted the avg, and it found it, excellent!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I've also had to remove and reinstall the browser a few times. Make sure you download and save the browser version you want to install BEFORE you remove the current version. Nothing more frustrating than deleting your only browser before you download the new browser.
I've been running AVG at home for about four years. Our company recently switched to it, also. Good stuff.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mideastrider said:
I purchased AVG and installed late last night? Google on my tool bar is still doing the samething but now I have a AVG search on my tool bar and it works.

http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html

Download this program, run it and when you do "create a log".

When you have that log, email the log file to me. I'll go thru it and let you know how to get rid of the spyware.

email it to gary AT quickinet.net

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mideastrider said:
I've ran the program but cannot find how to "create a log"

Attachments

• hijackthis.gif
    hijackthis.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 62

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom