ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Just my sad little story:
Last week i had posted that i was trying to figure out why all of a sudden after putting on a new s/a it felt like my bike was not running right at all. Thought i had clutch slip...Well it wasn't the clutch at all but i did run the rear bearings out of it!!!!!!!! :| :| I believe i learned many lessons with this little mistake of mine!!!

enjoy riding...i'll be putting in bearings!

XRDadKDXBeni

Aug 27, 2002
Thats interesting, that your wheel bearing went bad and you did not notice. Had you ever checked to see if there was any play along the plane of your rear axle? In my experience, as the bearings go bad, a small amount of play develops along the horizental plane of the axle; if you grab the wheel at two places (hands across from each other) and try to move the wheel, the plan, if its there, will be obvious. Checking the bearings and re-greasing once a year is a good idea as well.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You're gonna get dinged on this one! ;)

Like, 'You didn't notice when you lubed your chain that the wheel was hosed?'

Glad you got it fixed...well diagnosed anyway!

btw...cbr has 'lifetime guaranteed' bearing kits for the kdx.........

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I could.

But that would mean calling them to ask.

So, I won't. ;)

They put together their own 'kits', so as you say...not having that info posted on their website necessitates a fone call.

Hopefully they support the '87. They may well not...it not being exactly a newer model.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I recently bought a front Moose bearing kit for my '92. There were 3 bearings in the package? ? I did not know if someone screwed up or what.

I paid $11 plus shipping, but I bought a bunch of other stuff...

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Ordered the bearings from CBR--$49 w/ shipping from Cal.

--CC, one would think that i would have noticed it or at least assumed since i've had to replace everything else on this bike since i bought it 9 months ago that i would need new bearings as well. Funny thing is about a month ago i thought, i need to replace all the bearings, and bushings on this bike, well guess this is a good place to start!

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i'll get on the case jason!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: Naturally, you were right CC. :-)

Boy, are you misinformed!!

It was looking more like a jason:6, me:0 regarding comments I've made without regard to particular model, then finding it's an '87 or somesuch that's the issue.

I wonder what a swingarm that's never been serviced looks like on an '87?

yeoow! I wouldn't want to tackle that job!

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom