When did.....?

Feb 25, 2001
When did supercross do away with Semi's? I remember it used to be heat race 1 & 2 then semi then LCQ.

Also when did they quit putting an actual person down at the podium to do and interview? Now they just give them a headset? How personal....

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I don't remember a semi, I remember heats 1&2 for both classes, then the LCQ for both classes before the main events.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Format changed a few years ago, can't remember exactly when. I like the headset interviews this year, it beats having to listen to Erin Bates (I am not fond of her at all).

samham

Nov 22, 2002
I agree, I would rather hear the riders and the commentators then Erin's stuppid closing comments like 'great iron man finish' etc.....

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I rather see Erin...talking optional. ;)

I've talked with her a few times at the nationals and she is a real down to earth person, and easy on the eyes :yikes:

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Erin isn't looking so hot nowadays with the bronzer tan on her mug and the rest of her white. Tan chicks are only hot when you're drunk.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Someone said:
Tan chicks are only hot when you're drunk.
I must have a drinking problem that I don't know about.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
It was a few years ago... I remember belly-aching about it at the time because when you go to a live show... you now have "timed qualifying" instead of races to decide who "gets in the show" (for the local/regional guys who aren't established pros)... and they eliminated the semi's... so you end up with about 1/2 the racing that you used to.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
I agree, if you don't make it to watch practice, you miss out on 1/2 the show compared to old'n days.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I must have a drinking problem that I don't know about.

I should have said that tan women (that are my age) are only hot when you're drunk, cuz if they have tanned all their lives they look 60 when they're 40(my age).

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Someone said:
I should have said that tan women (that are my age) are only hot when you're drunk, cuz if they have tanned all their lives they look 60 when they're 40(my age).
You're back-pedaling now.

I learned the hard way that the older they get, the more we need to tell them how beautiful they are (cause they know they're not what they use to be), but they need to hear it.... and you need to mean it, they can tell the difference. Wierd, I know. Be careful!

I'll stop the schooling now.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Yah, and I have no room to talk. I definitely understand why I don't turn any heads. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
High Lord Gomer said:
I turn heads.......the other way!
I was going to say the same thing but I just assumed it was obvious :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…