Where to buy an O-ring for a 1990 RM250 FMF pipe?

joeym4130

Aug 29, 2006
I was looking for a o-ring seal for my FMF pipe on my RM 2-smoker. It spit gunk all over my boot!!

The one on the pipe now, it looked kinda flat on one side. So i took it off and it kinda crumbled in spots. Guess it was bad lol.

I found online store with FMF o-ring and spring kit for like 10 bux, but it says for 94 up RM250, and i dunno if it'll fit my 90'

Either that or if someone happens to know the size of it so i can get one at a auto store...

thx guys!

apb

Feb 1, 2005
I had the same issue on my rmx. FMF doesn't offer them for the older ones; they recommended just getting the oem one from suzuki. Its overpriced, but did the job for me. I added some rtv silicone along with a new exhaust washer, just to make sure it sealed up really well. Its not leaking anymore.

B

biglou

I think there are replacements out there, I've seen it asked before. I can't remember where, though. Also, you can zip-tie each side tight to keep it from leaking once you get the new seal.

Truckman

Jan 6, 2005
Take the pipe with you and go to a good plumbing supply warehouse, they have got tons of different size O-rings.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Cometic topp-end kits come with the o-ring, at least the ones for my former RMX. Don't you have a Suzuki dealer nearby?

joeym4130

Aug 29, 2006
Oh really? I'll have to check the top end gasket set out, because I gotta do that jobber this winter anyway, i can save the rest of the kit for that... good stuf.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I an O-ring for my K5 with an FMF at the corner hardware store.

Dale

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…