camrider

Jan 24, 2004
I found guts earlier today. I wonder which one (soft, med, firm) is just a bit MORE firm than the stock? I don't know anyone that has the guts foam to compare.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Guts stuff kicks butt, I have one of their seat covers and love it. It's got the perfect balance of traction and manuverability.

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Call the guts ph# and they can tell you which is comparable to stk.I've used them on husky and gas gas and highly recommend them to anyone tall and or lacking natural padding in the seat dept.Good stuff!!!

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Sledman, lots of us vertically challenged folks have just shortened the oem seat foam. Look at the old posts, but simply remove the stock seat cover and cut the foam down--many use an electric carving knife. Shape it just the way you want it. It is easy to gain an inch or more. Then replace the stock cover with staples. A manual stapler will work, but an air powered one is easier and faster. Cheers John

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
If you are cutting the foam down to make a shorter seat then you should not need a cover as you will have ample materiel to staple.If you go with taller foam a cover is needed to have enough materiel to staple into the seat base

know_fear

May 19, 2000
I was about to order a tall seat but this thread has got me thinking (dangerous I know). I've reshaped seat foam before so it should be pretty straight forward to add foam and then put on a new cover. My question to anyone out there with a tall seat is how much foam to add to the stocker? I'm assuming it's an inch or two more in the middle at the low spot and tapers towards the tank and to the rear. Can someone enlighten me?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
know_fear said:
I was about to order a tall seat but this thread has got me thinking (dangerous I know). I've reshaped seat foam before so it should be pretty straight forward to add foam and then put on a new cover. My question to anyone out there with a tall seat is how much foam to add to the stocker? I'm assuming it's an inch or two more in the middle at the low spot and tapers towards the tank and to the rear. Can someone enlighten me?
I have the Guts tall/soft and it looks pretty much like you discribed. Have fun, good luck.

hart125

Dec 11, 2003
is the guts tall soft about the same firmness as the stock? I tried the tall hard and had to send it back,, it was way too stiff. I was just looking for something a little more firm than stock and the medium will work i hope..

camrider

Jan 24, 2004
When I called to ask, I was told the Tall Medium was comparable to the stock KDX firmness. The hard was comparable to a stock MX bike.

hart125

Dec 11, 2003
nope, the medium guts is a bit more firm than stock. just got mine and compared them right next to eachother. guts soft must be pretty close to stock.

Top Bottom