Where to get a bunch of crush washers cheap?

Wyld Bill

Nov 3, 2005
I wasted half a day & over $20 in gas money trying to find a crush washer for my 2004 CRF450. Finally found one at a stealership for $2.56!!! :ohmy:
Anyone know the specs & where to get a bunch on-line from a alternate manufacturer for signifigantly less?

Yes I know aboutthe kits on **** but I don't need a bunch of other o-rings and junk just thecrush washers.

Oh & oil filters. Where is the rock bottom cheapest place to buy a bunch of oil filters at once?
Between the gas money & the mark up on these stuipid littleparts,..this bike is nickel & diming me to death.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
hook up with a screw machine shop.
buy 2k or more of brass.
Pay said screw machine shop to machine washers for the price of chips.
Sit back and enjoy your new found freedom from the the 2.56 washer.
After shipping, packaging and promotion let me know the value of your 2.56.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I've been very happy with the stainless steel Ready Oil Filter in my RMZ 450. Never have to spend gas money to go pick one up. Take it out, clean it, repeat. ;)

http://www.readyracing.com/

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Last edited:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
autozone

Look in the bins under the counters. You need the 10.3mm ID crush washers for a common 10mm banjo bolt. They have other sizes there as well.

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
Check out mcmaster dot com. They have every washer you could think of in whatever size and thickness you would want. They sell in bulk or just a few for good prices. Excellent place for all types of washers, bolts, etc. I got some bolts and misc. items once and the service was great as well.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
J.B.426 said:
Check out mcmaster dot com. They have every washer you could think of in whatever size and thickness you would want.
McMaster doesn't have the aluminum or copper crush-washers. They sell "sealing" washers, which I've been told can be used in place of crush type.
Metric sizes 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 available. 10mm = $7.75/pkg of 10.

I may have a source for a bulk purchase of aluminum crush washers. I'll look into it and let you know if it's worthwhile.

Top Bottom