SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
I've had a couple offers from folks going to DW02 to help me get my bike jetted correctly. now the problem is getting the jets. I have an 01 yz250 and went to the local dealer today and when I asked about jets the counter kid said "what are those?" Anyway, I need a little help:
1. Where can I order them?
2. How much above and below stock do I need to get?

It seems ok down low, and up top, but in the 1/2 throttle range it cuts-out, misses, whatever you want to call it...
Any help would be mucho appreciated.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Order jets from Sudco. http://www.sudco.com/

They are pretty helpful & know their stuff. Jets are ~$5 a piece. You may want to look at different needles too. Probably go two down and two up on the jets from what you have. Just let them know what carb you have. Give them a call.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Most dealers usually have a box of different jets... maybe the kid was just clueless. If you are really stuck and need to find some - try DGY [800.915.7878] they should have any jets in stock that you should need.

If you are good down low - that is mostly your pilot jet and air screw. If you are good up top - that is mostly your main jet. The middle is a combo of the needle, clip position on the needle, and power jet. Without even changing jets, you can move the clip on the needle up to lean out your mid range or move the clip down on the needle to richen up the middle. I believe cutting out and missing means you're too lean (which is a little unusual if your bike is at stock jetting, but very possible). So maybe try moving the clip down one or two positions on the needle before you do anything else.

I think on the 01 YZ 250 the stock jettting is a 50 pilot, 50 power jet, 178 main, and N3EJ needle, with the clip at the second from top position.

Good luck :thumb:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Nikki gave you good advise except for the "cutting out and missing" part. Most likely the bike is rich in the middle so you will need to adjust the needle.

Try moving the needle down one clip (the clip go in the next HIGHER position on the needle).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom