killer305

May 19, 2003
Im Currently Attending Wyotech in Blairsville, PA and I was looking for places to ride. It seems all the places in PA are on the eastern side thats why im making this post.

L

LukeRips

There are a few. Just to go riding, try Marienville ATV trailsystem. They have a single-track loop that's around 27 miles.

killer305

May 19, 2003
LukeRips said:
There are a few. Just to go riding, try Marienville ATV trailsystem. They have a single-track loop that's around 27 miles.
what about MX tracks, i have never been to one before, but i would love to learn

yam-man

Nov 14, 2004
Not to many places to ride around here anymore. I only know of a place they call GREENSMAN. I just bought my bike and I'm waiting for the weather to break to go check it out.Lots of trails and stuff. :ride:

Cruiser

Jul 13, 2000
I know somebody that just moved home to the blairsville area, I'll try to look him up for you. I know that area well as I went to that tech school back in 88, then it was Vale Tech U.
Later,
Steve C
03 GG 250ec
97 GG 250ec

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
theres an MX track right outside of Indiana called challenger I believe.... I think you take 286 west towards pittsbugh and its on the way about 12 miles past indiana. There are a lot of riding areas near indiana since its pretty much a red kneck area(no offense). I use to ride at two lick park in the woods and right off of 119 when i went to school at IUP, but there are more places I dont know about, just ask some of the locals, they all have rides

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If you're looking for a MX track by Pittsburg - Steel City (one of the 12 Pro National tracks) is about 30 minutes east in Delmont, PA. Awesome track - lots of jumps and doesn't get too rough like some other national MX tracks. They have a lot of races there and some practice days as well I think. Another one of the 12 Pro National tracks, High Point, is about an hour or so south-east in Mt Morris, PA. Another totally fun track, very fast, some great hills and off cambre turns, and not as jumpy as Steel City. Both tracks have nice dirt and don't get too rough. High Point is pretty fun in the mud as it gets some awesome ruts in some of the softer sections. High Point also holds races and maybe some practice days.

:cool:

killer305

May 19, 2003
Cruiser said:
I know somebody that just moved home to the blairsville area, I'll try to look him up for you. I know that area well as I went to that tech school back in 88, then it was Vale Tech U.
Later,
Steve C
03 GG 250ec
97 GG 250ec

that would be awsome :cool:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
If i was you i would stop by Tom's Cycle in Indiana and ask about some local riding areas. I'm an hour and a half north east of you so i'm not familiar with the area. Also keep an eye out for the local poker runs. They are alot of fun but some of them dont allow bikes.

Another MX track is in Ford City (north of you). www.highvoltagemxpark.com

There's also one on rt. 119 between Indiana and Punxy but i dont remember the name. It would be on your left as your heading towards Punxy. Somewhere past Home, Pa i believe. If i remember i will look for the name if i'm past there sometime soon.

Cruiser

Jul 13, 2000
Cant find that guys new email, His name is Carl Leblonde, rides a 4st KTM and a 2 st yz I think. Real nice guy, I think he is teaching at IUP. I'll try to get his email for you.
Later,
Steve C

killer305

May 19, 2003
What about Plumcreek Valley MX park, that place is like 45 minutes away. And what about steel city, i heard that is close. I have never ridden a MX track before, so can i go to these places and just practice, or maby meet someone to show me how to hit jump and such

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Cruiser said:
Cant find that guys new email, His name is Carl Leblonde, rides a 4st KTM and a 2 st yz I think. Real nice guy, I think he is teaching at IUP. I'll try to get his email for you.
Later,
Steve C
Just checked the directory for iup and that name isn;t in there, just thought i'd let ya know.

Have you went to any shops near you to ask them. There are a lot of people in that area who ride, i'm sure if you look around you can find someone to hook up with and ride. Thats what i did when I was goin to school at IUP and there were a bunch of local spots that just went on and on with trails, then there are the MX tracks that are out that way that were mentioned before

killer305

May 19, 2003
sick 96 250 said:
Just checked the directory for iup and that name isn;t in there, just thought i'd let ya know.

Have you went to any shops near you to ask them. There are a lot of people in that area who ride, i'm sure if you look around you can find someone to hook up with and ride. Thats what i did when I was goin to school at IUP and there were a bunch of local spots that just went on and on with trails, then there are the MX tracks that are out that way that were mentioned before
Yeah i wsa going to do that. What the names of some of the shops around here? or if you dont know the name, do you know where they are located

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I only know the shops in Indiana, there is Toms cycle located off of wayne ave i believe it is next to a self car wash, there is some quad shop right past that one also. Theres also a kawi dealer on Philadelphia St towards 422 once you go through the main area, out near Big Lots. I cant think of any others at the moment but if I remember anything i'll post it.

killer305

May 19, 2003
sick 96 250 said:
I only know the shops in Indiana, there is Toms cycle located off of wayne ave i believe it is next to a self car wash, there is some quad shop right past that one also. Theres also a kawi dealer on Philadelphia St towards 422 once you go through the main area, out near Big Lots. I cant think of any others at the moment but if I remember anything i'll post it.

my instructor told me tom from toms cycle was a dick

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
killer305 said:
my instructor told me tom from toms cycle was a dick

I have heard that also, but never actually met Tom himself. I know a girls who brother raced for Toms cycle and was really good and Tom wouldn;t help him out with crap so he switched to another yami dealer and got hooked up. Apparently a lot of people dont like him. Anytime i've been in there its been younger guys workin behind the counter and they always seemed cool. Got a few things done by them when I was in college and never had any problems except they tried to overprice for putting a seat cover on and i told them to take it off and put my old one back on if they were goin to try and charge that much, well that price dropped about $20 real quick. Just talk you the younger guys that work there and they should be able to help ya out some.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom