where to ride in GA

R White

Sep 13, 2001
Just transfered to newnan GA from Dallas. Lookin for a place to ride. yes my job sends me all over the only bonus is I get to take my bikes with me. looking to meet some new people and have some fun riding. Please rsvp me @ RDW1959@msn.com thanks Rick

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Nennan????
If it is Southern GA, there is Alma, GA(about 50 miles North of the FL border) and Hilliard, FL (about 5 miles south of the GA border ) both on HWY 1. Alma track is on the East side of the road and Hilliard track and trails are on the West side.

R White

Sep 13, 2001
Newnan aprx 45mi so. west of Atlanta on hwy 85. thanks for the info have truck can go anywhere with in reason

337KDX

Aug 13, 2002
there is a fun little place called Kentuck, just west of Anniston, AL Alabama Parks has details, I live in Northern Alabama. Usually drive all the way to LBL, Lake barkley, Cadiz Kentucky exit off of I24 west of Nashville,

steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
Hey if Alabama isn,t to far there are several cool tracks east of bham. Some the NC/SC/GA and MISS D.R.N riders have came to ride the mx tracks. They are about two hours from Atlanta. Look in links and you will see Alabama mx web site.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey Rick, welcome to the area. I would suggest hitting Mill Creek, AL this weekend with several of the other DRN members. It's about an hour west on I-20 once you get into AL on I-20.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Rick,

The following is a list of most of the MX tracks in N. GA.

Monroe MX, Monroe GA
Bremen MX, Bremen GA
Copperhead MX, Blairsville GA
The Ridge MX, Elijay GA
Talking Rock Arena, N. of Jasper GA
Calhoun SX, Calhoun GA
Paradise Offroad Park, Macon GA

wrench

WBBLUE272

Nov 1, 2002
There are about 19 legal riding areas in the mountains North of Atlanta. Might be a little bit of a drive but there are some great spots. I recommend Houston Valley and Locust Stake. Go into a search engine and put in off road riding in Georgia.

Killer McCoy

Feb 4, 2004
HEY man im from Newnan also. Me and my friend go riding at a place in hogansville and I also Heard LaGrange is a cool place to ride........ but then again, they ride ATV,s

cbob

Feb 4, 2004
Hey R White -

Do you ride track or trail? How serious of a rider are you?

I heard there was a track day at Bremen on Sat Feb 7. Several of the GA Off Road guys (another website that's skid plate up for the moment) are going there. Check out some threads under DRN Southern Group (register & sign up while you are there).

Most USFS areas are closed for the winter. Check www.gartra.com, click on "Links" then "Trail Closings". Even if it shows open, call before you haul . . . especially before April Fools.

I'm up for a woods ride on Sat but cant leave Buford until 9 or 10 am. I've been out of the loop for several years so I've lost contact with the hot spots to go. Durhamtown Plantation is pretty good if you want to go there (Greensboro GA), but will be nasty sloppy with this rain. $25 to ride but good trails - 21 mi loop!

Give me a Buzz at cbr46@yahoo.com if you want to hook up. That goes for anybody wanting to ride woods trails on Sat.

Best,
- c bob

Rod Rogers

Feb 3, 2004
Want a ridng partner?

Rod Rogers

Feb 3, 2004
I live near loganville Ga and was wondering if you would like to ride together some time. I have a XR650L 2000 model and like to ride track or trail. Used to race back in the day but now ride for fun. Want to show me the cool places to ride?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…