Where to ride in Mississippi?

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
In south Mississippi there is Desoto National Forest at Saucier, Ovett and
New Augusta. All these have good trails..

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Windham is supposed to be opening up his place but I haven't heard when.

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
holly springs national forest about 8 miles east of oxford ms.north of #6 highway. there are alot of logging trail, atv trails. :aj:

G Smith

Mar 30, 2002
Thanks I'll keep Holly Springs in mind. I have to ask the question about where Windhams place is and who Windham is? I'm new to this . How many miles is in the National Forest in desoto. Thanks again.

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
dont know about desota national, but holly spring has around 45000 acres.alot of hills,logging trails

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
I have to ask the question about where Windhams place is and who Windham is?

Kevin Windham races on the Suzuki Factory Team, 250cc. At least he did last time I checked. He has a place called the Flying W Raceway. Trails, Track, RV Hookups, Bike wash stalls, the whole nine yards. I heard it's pretty nice, haven't been there... yet. It's in Centreville MS. http://www.kevinwindham.com

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
There is a map link on the website. The place is on the southern border with Louisiana. It's west of 55 out of McComb

Last edited:

G Smith

Mar 30, 2002
Thanks. That sounds like that would be a fun place to ride and camp. Kinda like Loretta Lynns. First time was last fall. Had a blast.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Anyone know if this track is still open? A friend and I were going to Monster Mountain tomorrow, but found out it's closed for Bailey's MX school. Mill Creek is racing, so can't go there. Flying W is the only one I know of other wise.

Any info on the Flying W would be greatly appreciated!

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Meridian has some good MC trails from what I hear. I'm anxious to try those out myself. Maybe a few of us could meet there sometime and check it out. I'm in Jackson, MS. I think the guy to contact regarding Meridian is Jerry Corley @ 601-693-4637.

I've heard that Kevin Windham's place has a motocross track plus a few miles of trails. As far as I know, it is open all year. Check the website and see. I need to try that place out also.

I ride in a private club near Magee, MS. We are restoring about 60 miles of trails after the timber company did a little cutting and messed up some of it. As soon as it is ready, you're welcome to come down and ride it. I will warn you that it is fairly tight. You will need bark busters for sure. If you're interested, call me at 800-272-7977, ext. 404.

John

Drew 63

Jun 22, 2007
Meriedian has excellent trails! They have everything from tight woods riding to huge sand pits

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…