piedkuiper

Mar 24, 2003
I am going to get my carb modified but don't know who to have do it. RB cost almost twice as much. I know they do more to the carb itself, but is it worth it? Any info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!!

piedkuiper

Mar 24, 2003
BREAKER! BREAKER! ONE NINER! ANYONE GOT A COPY OUT THERE.............OVER. Need some help here. Fredette Racing Products carb mod vs. RB designs carb mod. Any suggestions? Anyone have any experience with a carb modified by FRP. Thanks...........

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
As far as I can tell,
The RB mod includes a divider plate, that helps retain low end response. The FRP mod does not.....

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
GOT'CHUR 20 GOOD BUDDY

....or whatever it's supposed to be. Yur 20 what, anyway?

I have no experience with the frp mod.

I have an RB carb.

Maybe I missed something, but the frp mod doesn't include a divider plate in the carb throat, does it? Isn't it a bore to 36mm?

It's the divider plate that's the big deal. It turns your carb into a two barrel unit (sorta). You have increased velocity (good thing) on the first 1/2 throttle opening, but don't loose anything on the top (both 'barrels' open).

The plate will greatly improve your off-idle response...will improve tractability (easily controlled or managed) off the bottom, too.

Yeah...putting the plate in there does take up some space. If that bugs you, you could always put an airstriker on your bike, with the RB plate.;)

Keep this in mind, too. The RB mod is more than a bore/plate. The throttle valve is cut to a #7 (7mm cutaway). It comes rejetted to probably pretty close, too. Be sure to let ron know what it is your after...what kind of riding you'll be doing.

Nothing takes the place of YOU jetting YOUR bike, though. No-one can tell you exactly what suits YOU.

Get ahold of ron HERE

The two modifications are really not at all the same thing...so not comparable like-to-like.

You won't be disappointed with the RB mod. It's a well worthwhile modification.

fwiw...imo and all that happyHS ;)

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Dude! Get The RB Carb It rules- I had mine done Last winter, when jetted right it will throw you off your bike if your not careful. It really wakes up the bike, it does not feel sluggish. The throttle response is very quick, very handy in tight woods. I love mine- the whole job less than 200 smackers. And one more really cool thing is Ron is very willing to help you set up the carb and answer any questions. I know little of what FRP has, their are many threads on the RB Designs CARB. Good luck.

piedkuiper

Mar 24, 2003
Thanks everyone for your responses!! The info has been great. If there is anyone out there who has not used the RB mod and has used FRP instead please let me know your opinion. Thanks Again!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I appreciate your wanting answers to valid quesitons...but having rider one with an frp carb tell you <whatever> and comparing it to rider two having an rb carb telling you <whatever> is pretty much a waste of time.

Might as well ask 'What oil is the best?'

The frp and rb mods are not the same, don't do the same thing, don't act the same way, don't have the same effect.

You get what you pay for (in this case, anyway).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom