bh

Nov 26, 2001
I have a 93 kdx 200 that I am wanting to get a pipe for. However I don't know which one I should get. What I want is one that will be good for the sand dunes. I like the currant preformance in the woods and stuff but I need more power in the sand and the long staights in the deep dirt. I think I want a pipe that produces more top-end power but I would like some opinions first. Thanks in advance.

winslow

Jun 23, 2003
Probably a rev pipe...Pro Circuit might be worth looking into. There are a few companies making rev pipes- Bill's, Dynoport, FMF, and Pro Circuit to name a few. But after looking around this site for a while, it seems lile buying a FMF pipe is a roll of the dice in terms of fit and finish and customer support.

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I've got an FMF Fatty on my 91 & couldn't be happier. Improved the bottom & mid but still revs to the moon. A good riding friend just purchased a Pro Circuit for his old RM250. On our last outing on the singletrack it developed a crack in the middle of the pipe! No dents, dings or welds within 5 inches of the crack. He's sending it off for warranty today. I've run FMF on my ATC250R, TRX250R& KDX and have been very satisfied with the products.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Thanks for the replies. What I am looking for is a pipe that keeps the stock bottom end power but more mid and top end. Right now I am down to either the FMF Rev or the Pro Circuit. But leaning to the Pro C.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Yeah Jason you are right about the Rev. Has anyone had any experance with the pipe mod? Thanks

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Does anyone actually have a Dynoport they'd care to share details on? I'm tempted to go with one of those, but would like a little more info on them. There just isn't much documented on them unless your a snow mobiler.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
BH- The stock pipe mod, i have done to my stock pipe but got nothing but noise I have a 2001 220, If you look back on the KDX page and go through the mods you will find the pipe mod for the 93-94 i think it may make a little diffrence in your bike but nothing like a FMF Fatty- i guess if it were me i would study up on FMF FATTY pipe, I think that is also what Jeff Fredette recomends for his 93 200, this pipe should give you the best of both worlds. I wish that they were making the Fatty for newer models, i would of bought one. Well I know you will make the right choice. Good Luck

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Hey I have done my research on these pipes. About the pipe mod I learned that from the KdX web site, the same site you have listed. now who's side are you on. It was only an opinion Bh does not have to listen to me if he does not want to. Besides Jeff Fredette Recommends the fatty for that year of kdx, have u heard of Fredette Racing? I have tried the pipe mod it does not work for my year.

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
I would go with a Pro Circuit. I have a 93 KX250, and wanted more top end speed. I switched from a FMF, to Pro Circuit and gain a lot more top end. I also still have a lot of torque in first and second. Third seems to be a little doggish, but 4th is where all my power is. Fifth acts almost like an overdrive and I love it.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Oh $h:t my bad, u all can curse now --happy now so sorry i can't read. Truth-- i miss read his thread. I would go with the PC pipe it shreds on the top end-- How i know this and i am not full of $h:t I have had a 95 KX250 with a PC set up. IN fith gear i could pull long wheelies. THe bike was very fast and was never jetted correctly. Does this help. Only human ya know.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Thanks everyone. I'm still undecided as what to do. I think I will try the pipe mod because of the whole lot cheaper cost.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom