stoopid

Jun 13, 2004
The other day while riding at my local motocross track I was just landing some little kid rode his 50cc right across the track probably 10 feet in front of me when I was going 20+ mph. I laid the bike over while trying to swerve and not hit him. Well I still did and when I laid the bike over it dragged my silencer on the ground so hard that it ripped it right out of my pipe, with the connector piece still attached to the bike. Since it was stock, my dad says that I should get an aftermarket silencer.
I need advice on what you guys think I should get...silencers don't effect performance do they? I think they just change the sound....I don't know. I ride a 2001 KX-85.
These are the silencers I was thinking about...

Pro Circuit R304

Or a Pro Circuit 296 Silencer

What do you guys think of these? Are there any better choices for me?

Thanks Alot...
:aj:

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
I got the full Bill's pipe system on my 2001 KX 85 it works great.
But I would definitly go with Pro Circuit before FMF.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Not sure about PC or Bill's, but all the FMF silencers I have dealt with will also work fine with the stock pipe. I switch between stock and aftermarket pipes depending on if the riding is going to be muddy or it will be a few days before washing it. Also, yes the silencer will effect performance. It may not be a huge gain from stock to aftermarket, but it a change.

Top Bottom