crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
I decided to start running race gas in my bike. I have seen vp fuels everywhere, are they the only real option are are there other fuels out there that are just as good and possible cheaper. Also what octane gas would be best for a relatively stock (pc pipe/sil) 2003 CR125. thanks

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
What was the reason that you decided that you need to run race fuel?

Just curious as i need to run it (50/50 w/ pump) due to engine modifications or else i get unwanted detonation when i run into "bad" pump gas.

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
I got a chance to run some race gas in my bike( a friends left over) for a practice day and it made the bike so much more crisp and responsive. i really liked the way it made the bike run. its a little expensive but i have a job working as a carpenter so i can now afford to use race gas. im just trying to get some info on diff types and what would be best for me.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Use whatever gas you know you can consistanly get. I chose to run race gas in my stock bike so i would know the gas i put in was consistant. I just wanted to know the gas i put in was as close to the same as i could get each time I out it in.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
VP C12 is one of the benchmark MX fuels, there are some more exotic ones now but they arent cheap. have fun with the C12, but you might have to jet the bike a bit leaner to get the best out of it:thumb:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Short story:  I went to every dirt bike shop in my area looking for VP C12.  None of them carried it nor could tell me where to get it locally except for 55 gallon drums.  I wrote VP and it turns out that there is a distributor (race engine shop) less than 3 miles from my house.

I am going to stop in there this week and suggest to the owner that he drop off some flyers to the local bike shops to educate them on where their customers can go to get VP C12 in the area.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom