Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's Ivan in the white before the changeover.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Those are some darn nice shorts, and ... white boots are for hot chicks, man!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Patman said:
That's Ivan in the white before the changeover.
...... and he/she spilt milk on the fairing,....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ohhh! Purdy lady. :nod:

Too bad they messed up the photo by putting all those motorcycles in there. :coocoo:

Nice find Rich. :cool:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I liked the toolbox "collection." Everything from Craftsman, & Snap-On, to 'very cool and funky' in between. (Toolbox size sure has grown over the years, hasn't it?)

No BSA's in the pic, though..... ;)

Cool stuff. I was wondering if someone here might know some of these folks, when I first saw it on Dean's site. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

Ken.

I was thinkin the same thing when I saw those toolboxes. ;) The ones they use today are so big they need to be registered and licensed for the street. :whoa:

The bike on the left is a BSA. And the guy standing next to it in Team BSA jacket and the white pants was Don Emde's mechanic Mac Kambyashi. (sp?) Mac owns a sushi restaurant in So Cal now.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'll bet the attractive lady is thinking "this guys a keeper, he does windows, wonder if he'd take me to Paris?" :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Terry - I have the feeling Allen Ivins was following Mrs. Niner around that whole weekend. :whoa:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Ohhh! Purdy lady. :nod:

Too bad they messed up the photo by putting all those motorcycles in there. :coocoo:

Nice find Rich. :cool:

No joke! The bikes where cool but just WOW on the pretty lady.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Chili said:
I'll bet the attractive lady is thinking "this guys a keeper, he does windows, wonder if he'd take me to Paris?" :laugh:

OH CRAP! :ohmy: Now, that there's funny Chili. :nod:

Too bad she didn't know it was spelled Perris. :rotfl:

No kiddin Rich.

Seems like there were more pictures of her than there were of the whole team. :coocoo:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I guess once she gets over being creeped out by the stalker treatment, she can be flattered. :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Chili said:
wonder if he'd take me to Paris?" :laugh:

What Chili is talking about is, when my wife and I were first dating I offered to take her to a race. She went home and told her mom that she had met a motorcycle racer and he was going to take her to Paris this weekend for a motorcycle race.

Little did she know it was Perris California. :ohmy: We never did make it to Paris but we have been to Perris more times than I can count. :laugh:

The two other bikes in the photo were Triumphs ridden by Gary Nixon and the late Tommy Rockwood.

Ken. I still have that Snap-On tool box.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I noticed the center bike had 'Triumph' on the tail section, but never noticed the BSA on the identical looking bike on the left. Funny how one's mind's eye works, or doesn't, sometimes!

Great stories, Terry. Kind of like looking through old family photos, right? I sold a Snap-on box like that about 25 years ago, to get a bigger one. Now, I'm looking to buy one like it again!

Thanks for discussing this here, Rich. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…