sparky yzf

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2001
just wondering if any of you guys are going to race the event and if you have raced it in the past what was it like. I want to race it this year and was looking for some input

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
One of my clients races it evey year. They like it a lot. I ws going to enter this year also. I'll ask for some detailed info from them and pass it on to you.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
All I know is that it's Feb 22 & 23 and I will be riding 3 classes Saturday & 1 on Sunday. ;)

Any body that wants a copy of the flier, PM me your fax #

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's&nbsp;usually on the first weekend of February, but it looks like it's changed this year! It's very sandy there, and the moto-x section is pretty long. I've never raced it, but I take my son every year to spectate. The guys I've talked to there that race it every year say it's a very high speed course. There's always some pretty big names there: LR, Ty Davis, Johnny Cambell, Curt Caselli, etc., etc.
The sponsoring club is the Desert Vipers---here's their website-www.desertvipersmc.com

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I just wanted to add: there are always several vendors (food/ bikes / parts) in the spectator area with some good deals, so bring lots of cash!
Camping is first come, first served along the course.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I was planning on racing it this year but I had a change of plans. Ill still be their both days to see my daughter race but Ill be a spectator. You cant beat the race. Its about 10 miles long and about 60% of the course is the motorcross section. It only cost $45 to race if you pre-enter. Ive been heading out their for the last 5 years and I still think its longer and has a bigger crowd than the Elsinore GP.
KTMBOY are you going to let the son race the GP this year? I bet he would have a blast doing the race. The class/schedule layout this year is much better. You dont have the likes of a beginner or a women riding in the same race as the Pro's. Two years ago they had the 80's racing with the 200cc/under pros. That wasnt a very smart schedule I thought. Needless to say the daughter got to see what it was like to be pounded with rocks and dirt from Zip Tye and Campbel.

Thats my $.02 worth.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I used to race Adelanto every year (6 years) and I won't again. It's a really high speed course with mostly asphalt and dirt roads. The motocross section is fun but it is only about 1 mile of the 10. I used to drop one tooth on my countershaft sprocket from my already high desert gearing for Adelanto. You need at least 80 mph to be competitive. Rocket Rex passed me one year. I was going 80, he was going 100+.

There are numerous square edge potholes on the 5th gear dirt roads. I think someone invented the steering dampner just because of this race.

A friend of mine was seriously hurt on the "mudhole jump" so avoid that. There is always an alternate there.

If there has been some rain recently, the course can be great. If not, the dust is blinding. Depends on the year.

That said, it is an event with 1000's of racers and lots of vendors. The Pro race on Saturday is good spectating. All in all, I'd rather watch it than race it. Try it out and post your race report here.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
You bet the more the merrier in my opinion. I was planning on staying out their but the brothers wife isnt too hip on staying, so we will come and go both days to watch the race. Thats the plan as of right now.

Top Bottom