Who will finish top 3 at the Marquette Enduro National? [Bet]

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Who will finish top 3 at Round 6 of the AMA FMF Enduro Nationals this weekend at Marquette, MI? You can bet as many times and options as you'd like. There will be up to 3 winning options. See some of the Red Bud or Unadilla bets in the MX/SX/AX forum for more info. Good luck!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Anyone have results?

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
I think it was (we had a 11 hour drive to get home and left early)

Lafferty (26?)
Hawkins (27?)
Lykke (28?)

The last 20 miles (A / AA section only) had portions of the course that looked more like a trials course.

They had numorous rocky sections that in order to make it up you had to launch your bike up 3 to 4 feet tall rock walls just to leap back down dropping vertical 4 sometimes 5 feet on the other side.

Great comeback ride Mike.

Steve

SKUNKWRx.net

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Posted by smit-dog in another thread:

Unofficial results from www.mlafferty.com:

1) Mike Lafferty KTM 25
2) Randy Hawkins YAM 27
3) David Lykke KTM 28
4) Fred Hoess HUS 35
5) Rich Lafferty KTM 36
6) Wally Palmer SUZ 37
7) Matt Stavish HON 41
8) Mark Hyde KTM 43
9) John Barber GG 44
10) Steven Reed GG 44

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
From CycleNews:

OFF-ROAD - Lafferty Returns and Wins Michigan National Enduro
By Kit Palmer
Photo By Raymond Gundy (Photo © Cycle News, Inc. 2004)
Back to Normal 7/19/2004

It didn’t take long for KTM’s Mike Lafferty to get into the swing of things again. Four months after having knee surgery, Lafferty returned to the AMA/FMF National Enduro circuit in Marquette, Michigan, yesterday, and promptly rode off with the overall win. Lafferty edged out Randy Hawkins by two points, 25-27. Third overall went to Lafferty’s teammate David Lykke with 28 points dropped. Husqvarna’s Fred Hoess (35 points) and KTM rider Rich Lafferty (36 points) rounded out the top five overall.

After receiving news that he had won his protest at the Georgia National Enduro last March and was thus officially given credit for the overall win there, Steve Hatch had a disappointing day in Michigan. The Kawasaki rider took a wrong turn and rode a section of trail twice, knocking him out of top contention.

Results:

O/A (unofficial): 1. Mike Lafferty (KTM) 25; 2. Randy Hawkins (Yam) 27; 3. David Lykke (KTM) 28; 4. Fred Hoess (Hus) 35; 5. Rich Lafferty (KTM) 36; 6. Wally Palmer (Suz) 37; 7. Matt Stavish (Hon) 41; 8. Mark Hyde (KTM) 43; 9. John Barber (GG) 44; 10. Steven Reed (GG) 44.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Does anyone know where we can get the scorecards online for the top finishers? I'm curious how Hatch would have done without the wrong turn... that had to be frustrating to say the least.

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
Hatch would have been in the top 3 without the wrong turn. He spent at least 15 minutes in a loop & actually rode thru check #5 twice. Took the wind out of his sails on the remaining sections. He (probably) would not have won, but would have been in there for the podium. We spent 4 hours out on the course after the event trying to figure out where he went wrong & couldn't find the exact place. As he was going thru the second time, he was looking, trying not to make the mistake again & never found the spot either. bummer - happens to the best of them.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Let me clear the air on Mr Hatch. If he would have stayed on the arrows like the other 260+ riders he would not have rode into the check twice. As all were told in the riders meeting if you what to get creative we were ready. Awsome check placement in that section eh'.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
GREAT event btw....my only complaint was the excess of face slappers on the course...otherwise a quality, challenging event...SUCH variety of terrain!!

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
nzambon, wow. I never insinuated that the course was not marked properly. If you know anything about Steve, you know that he is one of the most honest course followers there is. That is what makes it so difficult to understand how he could have rode thru a check twice without ever knowing he was off the trail. The only explanation I can come up with is that there were riders in front of him kicking up dust, and he was following them & their dust & must have gotten turned around without even slowing down. Also, what you fail to mention is that Steve was not the only rider who this happened to.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
It also happened to 2 guys from Minnesota...I overheard them talking about it at the reset (if I remember correctly, it was the reset prior to the short 6 or 8 mi. section??).

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Thanks for the info - wasn't trying to start any controversy. Steve was awesome at our local event (Leadbelt), and he seemed to be just a heck of a nice guy, chatting with the local spodes like me before the start. I was curious how he would have done. This year seems to be a turning point in his career, for the better.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I knew when Hatch passed me in that section that something was wrong. I was on row 35 and he was on 32. Wind out of his sails?? Not in that section...he was flying.
Great event and super job by the club. Looking forward to next year!

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
grunk250r said:
GREAT event btw....my only complaint was the excess of face slappers on the course...otherwise a quality, challenging event...SUCH variety of terrain!!
You shoulda seen it BEFORE we spent the last six weeks with the weed wacker, hedge trimmer, loppers and chainsaws!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I was on row 35 and Hatch on row 32 passed me in the plains on some super fast singletrack and man that was sweet to watch as he flew off into the distance. I was trying to figure out how he got behind me as I watched him go into the section before me. My buddy was giving him some crap about crashing as we were waiting at the reset -that was funny. Then he screwed up. Here I was feeling like I was making some time and he was really moving. He musta been pissed. It was a great event and great trail -great variety of trails and some pretty cool stuff I've never ridden before. Moon rocks, cliffs and rocky hill climbs. Some of the singletrack in the plains was awesome fun and a break from getting beat up in the tougher stuff in that 20 mile long section.

Top Bottom