Why do people...

yamayz125

Feb 8, 2003
Why do people put their hand behind the silencer when the bike is running?
What are they looking for?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I saw one guy do this at the track. He told me it was so the gloves would stick to the grips. I tried it and I felt no difference really.

Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I do it to keep my hands warm in the winter. It realy works. You got to watch out other wise you'll burn the hell out of your hands.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
1) It makes a cool sound :)

2) It warms your hands

3) You look cool doing it, because it makes you look like your doing something

skillzman1

Nov 26, 2003
oldguy said:
Occasionally I have done it to check for exhaust odors such as coolant or just to smell the fumes early in the morning. Better then coffe to get you going

LOL!!
Someone needs to develop a cologne that smells like a 2 stroke on race gas....the smell is 1/2 the reason I go to the nationals :laugh:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Porstala F9 said:
3) You look cool doing it, because it makes you look like your doing something

:thumb:

If you've got a multi cylinder engine you might be able to tell if you have a dead hole by cold exhaust. But you'd have to have individual exhausts.

On a single, See #3.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
This is a funny topic, because I am one of those people, and I don't know why I do it, It's just something to do while your letting your bike warm up!!! :think:

Mavic

Feb 5, 2004
Noise suppression for me....

I do it when I start the 500 in the neighborhood to act like an additional baffle to keep the noise down a little more. Works pretty well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…