Why does the bike size matter?

Alex2

Jul 20, 2009
The question is simple enough why does the size of the bike and engine matter?

Alex2

Jul 20, 2009
Then why do people move up sizes on a bike like going from 125 4 stroke to a 250 4 stroke? If it didn't matter they would stay on the same bike wouldn't they?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Alex2 said:
Then why do people move up sizes on a bike like going from 125 4 stroke to a 250 4 stroke? If it didn't matter they would stay on the same bike wouldn't they?

You still wearing the pants your mother gave you for your first birthday?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
You still wearing the pants your mother gave you for your first birthday?
:laugh:

Pretty much sums up that "simple" question.

Another way to look at it might be...
Do you still ride your first bicycle? Training wheels on or off?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Everybody moves up for different reasons. Some do it to impress others, some do it for the increased challenge of controlling more power, some get bored with the same old thing, some just get a good deal, and some simply gain weight and need the extra oomph to get moving. 90% rider, 10% ride, use the best 10% you can to make the other 90% look and feel good.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
important subject for a teen

I think the wise choice of size has much to do with where a riders skill level is on the learning curve,(beginner, novice, intermediate, expert, pro.) combined with a rider's intended use for a bike. (recreational trail ride, mx practicing or competition, hare scrambles or enduro, desert racing, fire roads, dual sport, observed trials etc.
Inquire, research & choose what will suite your needs best, ask around here & with riders you trust. :think: :ride:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's harder to ride if your knees hit the handlebars or you can't reach the shifter........

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My oldest son was 6 at the time. My buddy had his new at the time 95 CR500. Junior is over eying this monster up and down, Thorman75 gets cocky and says to him the golden rule, "If you can start it, you can ride it". He did, first kick, I helped steady it while he took off. He was not sitting down! Rode it fine, I caught the bike when he stopped. We use more caution with that rule. Vintage Bob

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…