chris_avakian

Oct 6, 2008
i tore the top off my dt 100, and am not sure on a few things. 1. exactly how precise will the top bolts need to be torqued 2. if anybody might know off hand how to line up the rings in the cylinder. 3 will i need to replace the copper head gasket seal now that its all been torn apart?

if you cant tell by any of my threads i have NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING!lol

thanks

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
How many times has the bike been rebuilt with that head gasket. I would advise getting a new one. To do the rings there are little divit type things in the ring slots. The hole in the rings has to be right there with the divit in the middle. For the top end bolts i do i think its 25 pounds on my cr80 and its running mint.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There should be a little pin in each ring groove. That is where the open end of the ring gets centered on, when the ring is compressed into the cylinder, it fits over the pin, ideally. You can force these pins in to far and ruin your piston. If not centered properly it will ruin the piston, ring and bore. If there is tiny marks by the open end gap of the ring, the markings go up. There should be an arrow on top of the piston, it points out the exhaust, or the cut out at the bottom of the piston goes towards the intake. Never reuse any gaskets, good insurance. Never take apart a bike without a manual, also good insurance!

Top Bottom