wjp

Nov 15, 2001
Hello,

Ok this is doing my head in :bang: - at my local track there's always seem to be a cross wind on one section of the track.
Its near the top of the hill and there's a table top. Lately when I've been there theres always a cross wind that comes and goes. Therefore you can do an jump and all in the fine. The next time around as you go off the face of the jump you get a gust of wind that blows you sideways or worst just blows the front of back of the bike sideways so you end up coming down a bit twisted.

How do you deal with this kind of situation - when I watch all the real good riders at the track it doesn't seems to bother them much.
Is there a terchnique that can help here - ie do I need to learn wipe the bike back, get lower, higher/low gear??

Any pointers?

thanks,
Wayne

YZ125jk

Registered
Mar 14, 2005
I usually tend to lean my head and body into the wind along with the bike.It makes it a little less resistance and gives a place for the iwnd to shoot underneath you

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I don't know how hard of a wind you're talking about but I've noticed that if I go off the jump dead throttle the wind effect is noticeable but if I'm really comitted with the gas it seems to cut through it?

I like it when I'm riding downwind with 140mph gusts the best though :)

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
I've found that the wind tries to blow the bike out from under me. So I try to whip the bike into the wind, then the wind blows it back under me.

Top Bottom