jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
Can anyone help me?

I just bought a new Wiseco Piston for my 1993 KX 250. In the directions, it states there needs to be lubrication holes drilled if the cylinder has an exhaust bridge.

I don't know what an exhaust bridge is. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Look in your exhaust port coming out of the cylinder. If you see a center post that is the exhaust bridge. Do a search on exhaust bridge because someone has written a good set of directions on what to do to drill the holes.

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
i dunno i dont buy aftermarket top-ends i stick to the OEM top-ends i hear the wiseco's and nik's pro-x and vertex they burn up faster than the stock and the stock will outlast them pistons, well anyweays my buddy ran a couple of wiseco pistons in his 2000 yz125 and didnt need to drill the holes and the the 2000 yz125 has an exhaust bridge on our bikes

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by SiCnTwIsTdYz
i dunno i dont buy aftermarket top-ends i stick to the OEM top-ends i hear the wiseco's and nik's pro-x and vertex they burn up faster than the stock and the stock will outlast them pistons,
I've never had a problem with my weisco. I do know you need to be a little easier on breaking a weisco in because it is a forged piston.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by SiCnTwIsTdYz
i dunno i dont buy aftermarket top-ends i stick to the OEM top-ends i hear the wiseco's and nik's pro-x and vertex they burn up faster than the stock and the stock will outlast them pistons, well anyweays my buddy ran a couple of wiseco pistons in his 2000 yz125 and didnt need to drill the holes and the the 2000 yz125 has an exhaust bridge on our bikes
Unless you've got some facts to back up statements like this, keep them to yourself. Do yourself a favor and do a search on the subject. There is a lot of information to be learned.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by RM_guy

Unless you've got some facts to back up statements like this, keep them to yourself.
Well, That's what I wanted to say but I was letting him off easy :D

DEA

Jul 11, 2001
Wiesco used to put the directions for drilling the holes in with the piston kit, if that piston required it to be done

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i use wiesco and i think they last even longer then oem for the fact that they are forged but thats just my oppinion i have seized wiesco's before but that is cause i didn't warm u the bike i think you should give forged pistons a chance

Dogger

Dec 31, 2001
I just got a Wiseco 91 mm piston for my CR500. When I compaired Wiseco piston with another Prox 91 mm piston I have, I put them in a scale. Guess what: Wiseco was about 40 gr / 1.43 oz lighter :eek: I guess that can make some difference in throttle response
My piston didn't have those exhaust bridge lubrication holes drilled, but there was instructions how to do it, and You should do it. I wonder why can't they drill those holes at Wiseco factory :|

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
I have an old YZ250 and was wondering if I should drill holes in my next set of wiseco pistons for it. It is an 86 and has the same powervalves as the newer ones. Does that mean I should drill holes? I saw the directions in the box.. But, wasn't sure if I should do it.

Dogger

Dec 31, 2001
Yes, You should!

If there were instructions for drilling the holes, then do it. When I last rebuilt my CR the piston didn't have the holes and there were slight seizure at the area of exhaust bridge :-(

Top Bottom